Can't access Start options during game on 0.9.0

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Conroy Bumpus

Can't access Start options during game on 0.9.0

Post by Conroy Bumpus »

I got 0.9.0 to work on my 2.06 PSP and when I click Start to go to the Save option it just brings down the DeBugger command prompt instead and it causes the game to crash an reset back to the ELoader menu

Any help around this would be appreciated
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Well, what does the debugger window say?
Conroy Bumpus

Post by Conroy Bumpus »

It just says type "exit" to return to game, i do that but it exits back to ELoader

It then says at bottom after Debugger instructions

"ERROR: Widget (scummhelp) has y < 0"

I hope this problem can be soughted as I can't save, load or quit properly any of my games.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

This bug has been reported earlier in this thread, the only 'fix' right now is to not use the classic theme. (i.e. keep modern.ini and modern.zip in the same directory as your ScummVM EBOOT).
Conroy Bumpus

Post by Conroy Bumpus »

I have kept them both with each boot (Single & 1.50) and still doesn't work and its running the classic theme anyway

EDIT: Now it doesn't work at all the Main Menu doesn't show. I read the other thread but don't understand what to do if you could explain it in more detail that would be helpful what exactly do you do with the modern.zip and modern.ini and what do you change in them and which boot should I use out of the two mentioned above on 2.06
albadross

Post by albadross »

As you know, I have got the 1.50 version of 0.9.0 working quite happily.

So I thought I would try the single boot version on my other PSP (a 2.60).

My experience mirrors the OP's problem.

1. If the two modern.* files are present on the 2.60, the program will not boot at all.

2. If you remove the modern.* files, the program boots OK but in 'classic' mode. This, of course, leads to the widget error message.

So, in my view, the 0.9.0 version is only playable on a 2.60 at the moment if you use the 'classic' mode and don't need the F5 menu to save or load.
Conroy Bumpus

Post by Conroy Bumpus »

Thats the one I got, sorry i must have got the numbers mixed around, mine is a 2.60 So I just delete the modern.* files from the single Eboot and it should work but i won't be able to save or load, thats a bit of a disappointment isn't it.

What about the 1.50 boot, should i do the same or should both modern.* files be left in there

The 1.50 boot doesn't work for me it loads then shows a blank screen then turns off my PSP.
albadross

Post by albadross »

Conroy,

The 1.50 works fine, if you do include the two modern.* files in the same folder as the one containing the program EBOOT (i.e. the one without the % in its name).

However, there is a problem that I mentioned in my other thread, namely, it is very hard to read the on-screen keyboard - the white of the keyboard does not show up very well against the new pale cream background.

I have 'hacked' my version of modern.zip so that the white keyboard does show up but against a grey background.

You can follow the instructions in the other thread to do this yourself - if you can't, pm me your email address and I will send you a copy of my modern.zip. Just substitute the official modern.zip with mine.

I stress my file is completely unofficial - but it makes life much easier if you can see what you're typing!
Conroy Bumpus

Post by Conroy Bumpus »

Thanks,

I see what you mean, I open those two files in paint that you mentioned in the other thread and colour the little box into grey and that should help with the on-screen Keyboard problem.

Ill try that and if I am still having trouble I'll PM you.
Conroy Bumpus

Post by Conroy Bumpus »

It appears the problem I'm having is mentioned here as well

http://psp-homebrew.eu/version.php?id=1391