PSP and Curse of Monkey Island

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

stephen_norman

PSP and Curse of Monkey Island

Post by stephen_norman »

I am running the scumm emulator on a PSP with Firmware 2.5 using the GTA hack.

I have finally maged to get scumm working and am now happily playing Fate of Atlantis on my PSP. But what i would really like to do is have The curse of Monkey Island working. I have the orginal discs and have installed the game on my PC. I then took all files of each disc and put them on my PSP. When i set it up in the scumm emu and hit start it asks for CD1 ??

Do i need to get a NO DISC crack of something?

If not how do i get it to work.

Thanks
clem

Post by clem »

this applies to ScummVM generally, should work for the PSP port as well:

1) you don't need to install the game on PC first, just copy the CDs over
2) you don't need any no-CD crack

http://scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles lists which files you need for ScummVM

I think the readme also has information on getting CoMI to run; I also assume that there's a PSP readme which might provide information

hope that helps,
clem
stephen_norman

Working

Post by stephen_norman »

Thanks man its working fine!
p

Post by p »

What did you need to do? Just copy tese files -

RESOURCE folder
COMI.LA0
COMI.LA1
COMI.LA2

and then it worked? because I intend on playing Curse as soon as I finish Monkey 2 for about the 20th time :)
Rahikainen

Post by Rahikainen »

Does anyone else having performance problems with Curse of monkey island on PSP? Mine one isnt working very smoothly, in large towns game slows down a lot and there is lag randomly. Any way to repair this? Or can I use 333mhz mode in ScummVM? Help please!
p

Post by p »

Sorry buddy, I haven't actually had a chance to install it and test it yet, but please let me know how you installed it and if you find any solution to your problem.
clem

Post by clem »

Rahikainen wrote:Does anyone else having performance problems with Curse of monkey island on PSP? Mine one isnt working very smoothly, in large towns game slows down a lot and there is lag randomly. Any way to repair this? Or can I use 333mhz mode in ScummVM? Help please!
yes it is known
no there isn't much you can do about it
I don't think there is a 333mhz mode
Rahikainen

Post by Rahikainen »

Well anyone know if savegames are compitable between PC and PSP ?
clem

Post by clem »

Rahikainen wrote:Well anyone know if savegames are compitable between PC and PSP ?
yes they should be - if for some reason the PC savegames do not work you might need to uncompress them first (gz I think)
Moobsie

Post by Moobsie »

okay, so i got the resource folders from both disks, and i got the 0 1 and 2 files from both disks, just one thing theres 2 of the 0 files... so like.. which disk do i get it from?

COMI.LA0
COMI.LA1
COMI.LA2 thosee files i mean, theres 2 of the 0 one...which disk do i get it from?
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

Moobsie wrote:okay, so i got the resource folders from both disks, and i got the 0 1 and 2 files from both disks, just one thing theres 2 of the 0 files... so like.. which disk do i get it from?

COMI.LA0
COMI.LA1
COMI.LA2 thosee files i mean, theres 2 of the 0 one...which disk do i get it from?
its the same file