Broken Sword Video issues

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Brynjolfur

Broken Sword Video issues

Post by Brynjolfur »

Hi,

Since this is my first post I'd like to say thanks to the developers of ScummVM for your all your hard work. I've finished a few of my old favourite games using ScummVM over the last few years and your program is fantastic :D

Anyways, the reason I am posting is because I am having some problems with Broken Sword 1&2 cutscenes on my PSP. I have a Sony 1GB memory stick that came packaged with the handheld and I am using Eloader 0.97 GTA on a 2.01 Firmware. The ScummVM version is 0.82 the 333 Mhz version and I am using the compressed cutscenes downloaded from your site.

The cutscenes are very choppy and slow and I was wondering if someone knew of a way to fix this? I have the original Broken Sword games so I was wondering if it would work better if the videos were the original uncompressed ones? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers,
Binni
kimad

Post by kimad »

I can't answer your question, but iirc the original videos you mentioned *are* compressed, but use a different codec to the ones available from the ScummVM site. The codec swap is because the authors of the original codec did not give permission for the codec to be used in ScummVM.