PSP: The Journeyman Project crashes while launching

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

McKnallski

PSP: The Journeyman Project crashes while launching

Post by McKnallski »

The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime crashes after launching from the ScummVM Menu.
ScummVM creates a SCUMMTRACE.TXT which says: Could not load JMP PP Resources!

The Game works perfectly with the Windows Version of ScummVM.

The Demo of the Game works great without any issues on the PSP.

I am using the latest Daily Build version 1.7.0git493-g1cc0e9c (Jun 3 2013 05:50:30).

Anyone else getting this Issue?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

How did you extract the data? Did you follow the instructions on the wiki?
McKnallski

Post by McKnallski »

Yes. I used the HFSExplorer Method. As mentioned above the Game runs fine on Windows ScummVM. So I think the extracted Data is not the Problem.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

McKnallski wrote:Yes. I used the HFSExplorer Method. As mentioned above the Game runs fine on Windows ScummVM. So I think the extracted Data is not the Problem.
Sorry, that's what happens when I read through the post too quickly :)

That's really the first thing loaded by the game on startup, so it's failing early (ie. it's not a problem with PSP file handles). Not really sure what it could be then :(
McKnallski

Post by McKnallski »

Maybe a Problem with the Filenames? There are many Files with an dot and an underscore "._Filename.ext" for example. Maybe the PSP can´t handle Files beginning with an ".". There is an File called "._JMP PP Resources". This File (as well as any other File beginning with "._") is not visible by the ScummVM Filebrowser. Maybe a handling Problem of the PSP Version of ScummVM. The Demo of this Game does not use Files starting with "._". And the Demo runs fine...
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

McKnallski: I would suggest following the procedure listed on the wiki: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/HOWTO ... asus_Prime

I would suspect you are correct in your indication that the PSP filesystem has issues with some of the filenames and that you have extracted most of the files in the wrong mode i.e. as AppleDouble rather than single MacBinary format.

I only have a single "JMP PP Resources.bin" MacBinary file extracted and that works fine on Linux.

See the ppcopy script and associated data file listing file to see what files should be in what format.

clone2727: We probably should link this from the datafiles and Pegasus engine pages
McKnallski

Post by McKnallski »

I will try that the next days. Actually the Windows Build works fine with my files.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

digitall wrote:and that you have extracted most of the files in the wrong mode i.e. as AppleDouble rather than single MacBinary format.
AppleDouble is supported too.
digitall wrote:clone2727: We probably should link this from the datafiles and Pegasus engine pages
Link what?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

clone2727: Sorry, I edited and made this unreadable. I meant to link the Wiki page on extraction from both Engine page and datafiles... as I thought it was not on either, but I now find it is linked on the datafiles page, so no problem: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... ime.2C_The

Apart from this, it may be possible that the PSP has a problem with AppleDouble named files i.e. when using the MacResManager: https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/blob ... acresman.h

Do we have a test for this within the testbed engine which could be run on the PSP for this? If not, how hard would it be to write a quick one and provide test files?