Cutthroats Terror on the high seas on my PSP PLEASE

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Goldwolf

Cutthroats Terror on the high seas on my PSP PLEASE

Post by Goldwolf »

Hello.

I am new here so I have yet to learn all the inns and outs of ScummVM

Anyway, I would LOVE to have Cutthroats Terror on the High Seas (1999, Windows 95/98 ) on my hacked PSP Street E1004 with 6.60 pro-b10

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM PC REQUIREMENTS
CPU Type: Pentium
CPU Speed in MHz: 200 MHz
RAM: 32MB
Hard Drive Space: 250MB
Sound Card: DirectX 6.1 or higher compatible
CD Drive Speed: 8X
Video Card: DirectX 6.1 or higher compatible
Video RAM in MB: 2MB
Graphics Type: SVGA
Compatible Devices: mouse, keyboard
Software (DirectX 5.0, etc.): DirectX 6.1 (included on CD)

It's a 2D graphic game which uses mainly only the mouse (right and left click) and the space bar.

It should be able to run on the PSP, as it needs 200Mhz and the PSP has 333Mhz

I however have no idea how to get it to work on my PSP! Can anyone PLEASE help me with this!
It's my all time favourite game, and I'd really like it to play on my PSP!

You can reply, or send me an E-mail.

Thank you for your time.

Gr. Goldwolf (alias Sjouke)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I've never played it, but judging by the screenshots it's not the kind of game that ScummVM would ordinarily support, unless it could be supported by slight modifications to an existing game engine. But since those game engines were usually designed in-house, and I can't find any adventure games by the same developers at a cursory glance, that seems extremely unlikely.

But even if all the stars were aligned and it was an adventure game or based on an adventure game engine, it might still never happen because someone actually has to do all the job of reverse engineering the entire game.
Goldwolf

Post by Goldwolf »

eriktorbjorn wrote:I've never played it, but judging by the screenshots it's not the kind of game that ScummVM would ordinarily support, unless it could be supported by slight modifications to an existing game engine. But since those game engines were usually designed in-house, and I can't find any adventure games by the same developers at a cursory glance, that seems extremely unlikely.

But even if all the stars were aligned and it was an adventure game or based on an adventure game engine, it might still never happen because someone actually has to do all the job of reverse engineering the entire game.
Thank you for your reply!

What do you mean by in-house? And another game by the same developers of around the same time is Gangsters and Abomination. I hope that helps.

I cannot believe this is such a problem. IF the game where to be released on the PSX it could be converted no problem (like Diablo 1 for the PSX) But the simply because It's from Windows, It seems to become a whole different story.

Isn't there some way to convert this PC game to a PSX game, and THEN convert it to a PSP game?

What hope is there for me?
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

Goldwolf wrote:What hope is there for me?
To be blunt; none. This isn't the type of game ScummVM is for. You may have more luck looking for generic emulators.
Goldwolf

Post by Goldwolf »

icanntspell wrote:
To be blunt; none. This isn't the type of game ScummVM is for. You may have more luck looking for generic emulators.
Well, thank you for you honesty. But what generic emulators should I look for? And where might I find these? Can you be more specific? Thanks!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Goldwolf wrote: What do you mean by in-house? And another game by the same developers of around the same time is Gangsters and Abomination. I hope that helps.
I meant that the company who designed the game probably also designed the underlying game engine, rather than licensing it from another company.
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

Goldwolf wrote:
icanntspell wrote:
Well, thank you for you honesty. But what generic emulators should I look for? And where might I find these? Can you be more specific? Thanks!
Have you tried google-ing on "PC Emulator for PSP"? I took me about 30 seconds to find 2. But since I don't have a PSP I can't tell you much about their useability.
Goldwolf

Post by Goldwolf »

[/quote]Have you tried google-ing on "PC Emulator for PSP"? I took me about 30 seconds to find 2. But since I don't have a PSP I can't tell you much about their useability.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip! But I can only find PC Engine emulators, which is an old Japanese console released in 1989. AGAIN, so close, and yet so far away...
nicol88

Post by nicol88 »

Thank you very much, your advice worked and helped me too!!!