Lady needs help!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kerriekoekie

Lady needs help!

Post by kerriekoekie »

Hiya,

I know this might have been posted before, but bare with me since i'm a total noob in this. I want to play Day Of The Tentacle on my PSP, firmware version 6.37. This cannot be done I take it. So how do I fix it so I can. Pls help and explain as simple as possible. Also, I guess I have to downgrade the thing, will that have any consequences for playing new UMD games?

Thank you! :D

Kerriekoekie from Holland
hkzlab
ScummVM Developer

Post by hkzlab »

Sadly, no jailbreak/console hacking discussion here. I advise you to look on some PSP scene websites: there are easy ways to run homebrew code on your PSP, and in your case it doesn't even require a downgrade.

Good luck!

edited to comply forum rules.
JonWW

Post by JonWW »

Is it possible to "sign" ScummVM using PSCRYPTER?
Bluddy wrote:Signing doesn't work with ScummVM because of the way we do the plugins. Or more precisely, to make the plugins work we have to use non-relocatable code, and signing doesn't work with that.

It's possible to change the way the plugins work, but it's a LOT of work for a very small audience. With HBL and custom firmwares easily available, it just doesn't seem like it's worth the effort. Not to mention that I currently don't have the time to put into making such a change. Sorry.
I didn't see this before I asked...