Helping DoubleFine

Discussions regarding the development of the mod "Grim Fandango Deluxe"

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JohnnyWalker2001

Helping DoubleFine

Post by JohnnyWalker2001 »

I hope I speak for everyone else involved in the Deluxe project when I share the sentiment that I'd love to be able to assist Double Fine in making their Grim Fandango HD. Anything that's legally considered a "derivative work" (ie. all the artwork we've produced) is legally owned by Disney/LucasArts anyway, but that doesn't matter to me, even if it wasn't the case, I'd be happy for them to use anything I'd produced to help with the project.

Do other contributors feel the same?
JenniBee

Re: Helping DoubleFine

Post by JenniBee »

I haven't shared anything publicly with the team yet (I was working on the tube switcher guy, since he and Glottis were the two I felt needed the HD improvements the most), but I'd be more than happy to finish up and share that with Double Fine, and continue on more art, just to see this come to fruition.

I'm wondering if I should finish up and I post the stuff I made and make more just so that Double Fine can grab them and use them if they want. I'd love to be able to help out in that way.

What do you think JohnnyWalker2001? Should we do more work in the hopes that it helps out Double Fine, or just postpone work on this until the game comes out? I'll be honest, I'm kind of torn, as it's kind of a conundrum (since Tim did say that he would like to incorporate fan work into Grim Fandango Remastered).
JohnnyWalker2001

Hey JenniBee, I think you should share your work so far! There's no harm in doing so, and it might be of help to DF, or at least spark more interest in this project -- if it's no use to them.

Eager to see what you've created! :)
Nitrus

Post by Nitrus »

I've been away for a while, but I completely share JohnnyWalker2001's view. Only good things can come from it, and if there really is such a movement, I see no reason not to support it, on the contrary.
JohnnyWalker2001

Nitrus wrote:I've been away for a while, but I completely share JohnnyWalker2001's view. Only good things can come from it, and if there really is such a movement, I see no reason not to support it, on the contrary.
Very glad to hear it. I've not heard anything from DF, though. It's possible they don't need our help :)