Blade runner crash

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Switch port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Consulting_Gamer

Blade runner crash

Post by Consulting_Gamer »

latest overnight build (same bug on stable), latest atmoshpere and fusee.

game works great appart from going to McCoys balcony and as soon as the vangelis music kicks in the console crashes and needs to be rebooted to payload.

I've repeated the bug many times with many different settings (overnight and stable).

Anyone else has issues with this?

Great work appart from that, the game runs smooth.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Blade runner crash

Post by Praetorian »

Consulting_Gamer wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:06 pm latest overnight build (same bug on stable), latest atmoshpere and fusee.

game works great appart from going to McCoys balcony and as soon as the vangelis music kicks in the console crashes and needs to be rebooted to payload.

I've repeated the bug many times with many different settings (overnight and stable).

Anyone else has issues with this?

Great work appart from that, the game runs smooth.
I wasn't aware that there was an issue on the Switch port. I also don't own one, so I cannot test, but someone else could be able to reproduce this.

Maybe the engine is trying to load up a special video loop (the Spinner passing by across the balcony) or McCoy's voiceover (if you go there after dealing with Zuben). In which case it could be either a memory issue or a corrupted file issue.

So, first order of business should be to verify that all the required data files are copied without issues on your Switch.
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Data ... ade_Runner
Consulting_Gamer

thanks for the response.

Yes all 22 files present and correct, i re copied them all to make sure nothing was corrupted.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Consulting_Gamer wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:22 pm thanks for the response.

Yes all 22 files present and correct, i re copied them all to make sure nothing was corrupted.
So does this happen at the end of day one? When McCoy automatically walks out on the balcony, or does it also occur earlier on say, if you visit McCoy's apartment right after the start of the game and manually walk outside to that scene?
Consulting_Gamer

the second one, when i visit right after the start of the game and walk out.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Consulting_Gamer wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:28 am the second one, when i visit right after the start of the game and walk out.
Could you open a ticket for it on our bug tracker?
https://bugs.scummvm.org/

If it happens even right the start then it's (most likely) either the special transition loop for the balcony scene or the spinner passing by (or the sound fx for the spinner). An error message, or a video would probably help to make a more informed assumption here.

From what you've said the music starts playing so it's (probably) not the music track/player issue and also McCoy does not have a voice over for the scene until near the end of Act 1, so it's not a voice over track either.

I'm not familiar with the Switch interface, but eg. running the daily, which is a debug build, do you get any error message at the crash? If so, please add that information on the bug ticker too!
Consulting_Gamer

its just before the music starts playing so i assumed that was the issue. opened the ticket with a screen shot.

thanks
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

I cannot reproduce this, it works fine on my Switch. I made a comment on the bug tracker ticket as well.

Please try this executable, build with latest toolchain:
https://files.coolatoms.org/scummvm-2.2.0pre-switch.zip

If that doesn't help, I suspect maybe there's a problem with your game datafiles, in the sense that I have a version of the data files that work, and you have a different version that doesn't work?!

If you would like, you could pastebin a list of crc32 hashes of your datafiles, and I can compare with mine.
Consulting_Gamer

i use the retroarch core now instead of stand alone scummVM this seems to haev fixed it.