Touchscreen calibration way off (Lakka-Switch)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Switch port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MusicallyInspired

Touchscreen calibration way off (Lakka-Switch)

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I'm using Lakka-Switch to play ScummVM games on my Switch and using touchscreen controls is impossible because the cursor is locked to the pillar-boxed game screen and the touch controls span the entire Switch display. Besides that it seems to be random where the cursor will end up when you're tapping sometimes the same spot which means it's totally unusable. I know Lakka-Switch is fairly new, but is this a ScummVM port issue or Lakka's implementation? Is there any way to set the calibration? Tie it to the pillar-boxed game display and not the width of the entire screen? Anyone know for sure? Asking on the Lakka-Switch thread on GBATemp is like shouting into a crowd. No answers.
rsn8887

Re: Touchscreen calibration way off (Lakka-Switch)

Post by rsn8887 »

This is a Lakka implementation issue. Lakka-Switch is a Linux distribution for Switch that runs a version of Retroarch. It runs a libretro core of ScummVM, which is not supported by the ScumVM team. You have to talk to the Retroarch or Lakka-Switch devs for support.

This thread is only about the native Nintendo Switch Port of ScummVM, which runs on Horizon. It is available on the buildbot here: https://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html
I suggest running this official port, instead of running some unofficial libretro core port that might be out-of-date and full of bugs.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

That's what I figured. I prefer Lakka because I don't have to install any CFW on my untouched Switch and I'm virtually immune to a ban.
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

BTW the next official development build (for Horizon OS on the Switch), from June 14 or 15 or so, will have an additional touch mode option. You will be able to go to options->controls and enable or disable "touchpad mouse mode" there. When disabled, the pointer will jump to finger always. When enabled (default), the controls will be indirect, like on a laptop touchpad.

More information is here: https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?titl ... ndo_Switch

But this will only affect the Horizon version that requires CFW. I have no idea when lakka will ever update their core, and probably the control implementation is totally different there.