SCI32 REALLY slow to load

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Playstation Vita port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

2Mourty

SCI32 REALLY slow to load

Post by 2Mourty »

Has anybody had the problem of SCI32 games taking up to 3 minutes to load?

QFG4, GK1, and GK2 can take up to 3 minutes to load on my vita. I am actually playing QFG4 and GK1 in the psp port using adrenaline because they load almost instantly that way. (graphics are a little fuzzier however)
Ushilives

Post by Ushilives »

I have the same thing as well with space quest VI and Phantasmagoria lol
2Mourty

Post by 2Mourty »

Just installed the latest vita release from https://github.com/rsn8887/scummvm/releases/latest

And still the same loading issues for sci32 games. The touch screen input has really been improved though, great job!!
afterschoolgamr

Re: SCI32 REALLY slow to load

Post by afterschoolgamr »

Thank you so much for posting this! I thought I wasn't putting the right files in the Gabriel Knight directory and spent hours trying different things. I came here to post the issue, but your post made me realize if I left it sitting long enough it would finally load. Here's hoping that gets sorted out, but at least it's playable.
2Mourty wrote:Has anybody had the problem of SCI32 games taking up to 3 minutes to load?

QFG4, GK1, and GK2 can take up to 3 minutes to load on my vita. I am actually playing QFG4 and GK1 in the psp port using adrenaline because they load almost instantly that way. (graphics are a little fuzzier however)