SCI32 Playable?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Playstation Vita port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

szczuru

SCI32 Playable?

Post by szczuru »

Does anyone know how to run SCI32 games (like Larry 7) on Vita with latest daily builds? Game is detected but after launching only black screen appear forever.
rsn8887

Re: SCI32 Playable?

Post by rsn8887 »

szczuru wrote:Does anyone know how to run SCI32 games (like Larry 7) on Vita with latest daily builds? Game is detected but after launching only black screen appear forever.
Using latest daily built from Nov. 30 2017 from buildbot, I tested three SCI32 games on Vita. They took a while to load.

- Leisure Suit Larry 7 Demo
works perfect it seems (!)

- Space Quest 6 Demo
works perfect it seems (!)

- Phantasmagoria Demo
Two issues. I am attaching pictures.

Issue a)

The game complains about missing resources, but then loads and runs. I used the resources from official scummvm webpage, so they should all be there.

Issue b)

Sadly, the screen display/resolution is messed up in a funny way: everything looks like it tilted at 45 degree angles. However colors, etc. are correct. It looks as if the game pixels are drawn into a screen memory using the wrong number of columns or rows. Each scanline shows parts of the next scanline. Maybe the game reports the wrong resolution to the graphics backend. It looks like it might be a very easy fix in the code, since colors are fine, mouse pointer moves, sound is fine, just only this problem with pixels being drawn on the wrong scanlines.

rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

With help from wjp and snover I pushed a fix to the Phantasmagoria bug on Vita. So that game should also work fine now as of today's buildbot version.
sborzabor

Post by sborzabor »

hm.....