v1.3.0 for Mac?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

shaun_spark

v1.3.0 for Mac?

Post by shaun_spark »

Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm new to scumming.
I've been trying to run Toonstruck on a Mac version of 1.2.0.
I checked the About section and I couldn't see the Toon engine, so I presume I can't run it.

Does a v1.3.0 exist for Mac? Or does anyone have any other tips for getting this to work?
I downloaded this, which is the latest build, but I can only see a .exe in there, so I guess its PC only.
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/t ... st.tar.bz2

Also, what is the toon.dat file that I see people need? Its not in the list of needed files for Toonstruck on wiki.

Any help would be great. Sorry to be another of 'those guys' with stupid questions.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

No, 1.3.0 has not yet been released, and won't be for another couple of months. We are just about to release 1.2.1 ;).

But, you can try and use a daily build of the current development snapshot. You already found one for Windows 32, but from our downloads page, you can also find more for other platforms. Hint: It links to this page: http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html
shaun_spark

Post by shaun_spark »

Ah great, thanks for this.

Does anyone know if the latest build for Intel Mac is running (relatively) smoothly with Toonstruck? I don't mind little visual slip-ups, I just don't want to start playing it for a while and find it gets stuck halfway in.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

shaun_spark wrote:Ah great, thanks for this.

Does anyone know if the latest build for Intel Mac is running (relatively) smoothly with Toonstruck? I don't mind little visual slip-ups, I just don't want to start playing it for a while and find it gets stuck halfway in.
It's not officially supported right now, so you will basically be acting as a tester. It might very well be completable (and probably is decently stable at this point), but it's probably best not to expect it to be going in.
shaun_spark

Post by shaun_spark »

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

I can't seem to load it with the newest build anyway. Its saying it can't find a game, even though I have all the necessary files in one directory (ACT1, ACT2, MISC).

I'll just wait it out for a couple of months.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

shaun_spark wrote:I can't seem to load it with the newest build anyway. Its saying it can't find a game, even though I have all the necessary files in one directory (ACT1, ACT2, MISC).
Just to avoid any confusion: Do you mean you have copied the contents of the dirs "ACT1", "ACT2" and "MISC" to one folder or did you copy the dirs "ACT1", "ACT2 and "MISC" to one folder? The latter works for me, when the Toonstruck engine is enabled (you can check that in the About dialog, "Toon Engine" should show up after some time).
shaun_spark

Post by shaun_spark »

I have the 3 folders in one directory, not all their contents in one single folder.
I'll wait patiently and excitedly for the Toon engine to appear, but as I say, I can't see it yet in the About of the latest build for Mac.

Im guessing its running fine on Windows 1.3.0, as I see a lot of people are playing it already. Good times ahead.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm totally wrong. It's working fine on the latest build. I don't know what I was doing wrong before. Thanks.
shaun_spark

Post by shaun_spark »

One more question!

So I've found a glitch early on in the game thats preventing me going any further. Is there a forum or place where I can report these problems? I assume here isn't the right place.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

shaun_spark wrote:One more question!

So I've found a glitch early on in the game thats preventing me going any further. Is there a forum or place where I can report these problems? I assume here isn't the right place.
There's some information about how to report bugs in the FAQ.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

KuroShiro wrote:
shaun_spark wrote:One more question!

There's some information about how to report bugs in the FAQ.
Actually toonstruck is not supported yet which means that bugreports are not accepted. You need to wait until public testing will be announced by the team. Alternatively, if you're really eager, you may try to contact the engine developers directly, but even then you have to be precise with description of the bug you discovered.

Eugene
shaun_spark

Post by shaun_spark »

Ok. Do you know who the developers are on here?
Its very early on in the game. It basically plays a cut scene before it should and then freezes up.
Also, if I do end up running it again on a newer build, are my save files in with the Toonstruck folder, so I can just load those again?
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Your savegames are safe: the savegame format has not been modified for a while.

Could you be a little bit more precise concerning the cut scene?
shaun_spark

Post by shaun_spark »

Sure. Its in King Hues castle, in his bedroom. After you go into his cellar and get Flux to jump up and open the trapdoor, as soon as he lands it automatically starts the cut-scene of the footman running in, when that should come later. It then skips halfway through that back to gameplay, then freezes Scumm completely.

I'll try doing some other things in the game and come back to that.
Thanks.