Simon the sorcerer 1 talkie problem with 0.8.2

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kotya

Simon the sorcerer 1 talkie problem with 0.8.2

Post by kotya »

Hi!

I started playing with STS1 Taklie version and everything looked fine UNTIL I had to save and quit the game. When I run it again, load the previously saved game, I cannot see half of my inventory, no even the Postcard and Map because the scroll arrows are missing!!! That means, I have to start the game all over again every time!

Is there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance
kotya

Post by kotya »

Anyone has the same problem?
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

The inventory arrows aren't always displayed, after reloading a saved game in Simon the Sorcerer 1. The inventory arrows will still works though, and will be displayed again when used..
kotya

Post by kotya »

Kirben wrote:The inventory arrows aren't always displayed, after reloading a saved game in Simon the Sorcerer 1. The inventory arrows will still works though, and will be displayed again when used..
Here, can you tell be how to invoke a map or a postcard (or any of the other items not visible):

As you can see, I moved the mouse in there, I clicked, tried USE, LOOK AT and all the possible commands. Even when I try to USE with something, I can only select items that are currently displayed (i.e. cannot scroll).

The arrows were displayed all the time when there are more items in the inventory list that can fit on the screen. Until I saved, quit, start again and load. I am sure that they not lost, the MAP and the POSTCARD are indispensable.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

It's just a graphical glitch, try to click where the arrows would normally be and they'll appear...
kotya

Post by kotya »

DrMcCoy wrote:It's just a graphical glitch, try to click where the arrows would normally be and they'll appear...
THANKS MAN! You have made my day!

IT WORKS!