Missig .DLL on Windows 64bit version

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DJANGO

Missig .DLL on Windows 64bit version

Post by DJANGO »

I have downloaded 64bit version of ScummVM 1.2 and when I try to run it it says me tat the file msvcr100.dll is missing. I downloaded it from DLLFiles and copied it into scummvm folder, but the it doesn´t show error and doesn´t load...
tareon

Post by tareon »

Same problem here!
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

In an attempt to help you from a non-Windows user I'll take a guess and say that maybe the .dll needs to be in a particular folder which will probably be within the Windows folder.
I'm a little familiar with Win XP in this way where the System32 folder was used to hold a lot of the .dlls
Of course I could be totally wrong as well.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Django, what Windows version is that? Windows XP, Vista, 7, ... ?

Also, what ScummVM version? Where did you download it?
Orusaka

Post by Orusaka »

Just thought I'd add that I have the same issue. 64-bit version on the download page on windows 7. A quick google search seems to maybe indicate that having Visual Studio installed is the problem, but I have no time to look into it now. 32-bit version poses no problems.

edit: Actually, I figured it out. It's been compiled with Visual Studio, but even though I hva it it only comes with 32-bit versions of the dlls it needs, since apparently they've been dynamically linked for some reason. Anyway, getting the 64-bit Visual Studio redistributable, it runs fine.

It should probably either be recompiled statically, or it should be pointed out that you need the 64-bit redistributable to run it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... 50143d5867
curupira

Post by curupira »

I have the same problem. Using Windows 7 64-bit and Scummvm 1.2.0 64-bit version.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

I uploaded a new build now, which should link the runtime statically, so it should work out of the box now. I did not have any time for testing some games with it though, starting up ScummVM and the launcher seems to work fine.

I am not sure when the mirrors start to pick that one up, but the md5sum is 34f7c88617d3df30aabc128f663c4222 and it's 6328613 bytes.
tareon

Post by tareon »

Thanks!

Works fine now under Vista 64bit.
DJANGO

Post by DJANGO »

Thanks, now this wonderfull program runs perfectly on my Winows 7 Ultimate 64 bit...
lwc

Post by lwc »

It now happens in v1.2.1.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Usually if a DLL isn't working like that, you should download it, put it in your Windows/system32 directory, and then run "regsvr32 [dllname]" from the command line (run it as administrator). Also try running scummVM as an administrator at least once.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

KuroShiro wrote:Usually if a DLL isn't working like that, you should download it, put it in your Windows/system32 directory, and then run "regsvr32 [dllname]" from the command line (run it as administrator). Also try running scummVM as an administrator at least once.
Actually if such a DLL missing a possible solution would be to install the MSVC2010 runtime libraries for x64. But I uploaded a fixed build yesterday, which just uses a statically linked C library instead of a dynamically linked, thus it should just work fine again.