Help! scumm will not open the files!!

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

godspeed

Help! scumm will not open the files!!

Post by godspeed »

I have the files on the computer not on a CD and all in one folder. But when i open the folder through scumm there are no files. what do i do.
frank_m24

Re: Help! scumm will not open the files!!

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,
godspeed wrote:what do i do.
I also don't know, what you are doing :-).

Could you please explain a little bit more in detail, what files are in that directory you mentioned? Files from a game? Files from scummvm? Files from more than one game? File from a game and from ScummVM? Files from more than one game and from Scummvm ....

Maybe you should tell us, what you did, what you wanted to reach and which problems occurred. Than I will try to tell you, what went wrong or what to do in order to solve the problems.

BTW: There are several howtos floating around (even in this forum), explaining, what to do in order to run several games. You could try to use the search function.

kind regards

Frank
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

ScummVM doesn't show any files, just the folder, and you have to select the folder CONTAINING ONLY *ONE* game at a time.

It is not supported (at least ATM) that you have more than *one* game in *one* folder.

Then press *choose* within the folder containing *one* game.
godspeed

Post by godspeed »

Alright i put Sam and max(which is a rar file) in its own folder and when i select it in scummvm it is not there and it says that it can not find the game in the chosen directory.
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

we will not support warez in any way.
The original Sam and Max ist not a rar File.

kind regards

Frank