Anti-aliasing/Interpolation filter/smoothing effect for lo-r

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

domino

Post by domino »

im not trying to force you to do anything, im just asking

i tried to convince you by giving you some reasons, but if you say its all not worthy, drop it then
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

domino wrote:but if you say its all not worthy, drop it then
The main problem here is there is nobody to maintain it. I.e. none of current ScummVM developers is interested in revival of opengl backend.

Eugene
adventur

Post by adventur »

Use the force, Luke! I have to admit the screenshot shown is a bit blurry, but I wouldn't mind testing it myself just to make sure it's too eye-straining or not. :P
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

adventur wrote:Use the force, Luke! I have to admit the screenshot shown is a bit blurry, but I wouldn't mind testing it myself just to make sure it's too eye-straining or not. :P
As Torbjörn stated, "This image was made with ScummVM 0.5.1." So, just grab a copy of ScummVM 0.5.1 and you can try it out all you want :-).
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

fingolfin wrote:As Torbjörn stated, "This image was made with ScummVM 0.5.1." So, just grab a copy of ScummVM 0.5.1 and you can try it out all you want :-).
Actually, I should have said something like "ScummVM 0.5.1, slightly modified to not instantly crash on me". Apart from not working with GCC 4 without modifications, I had some problem with, I believe, a division by zero in sdl_gl.cpp because of _scaleFactor not being initialised.

Which, again, brings us back to how the OpenGL backend wasn't being properly maintained by anyone. :twisted:
adventur

Post by adventur »

I've managed to find a 0.5.1 build of ScummVM and I tried the OpenGL bilinear filter and I think it looks pretty neat! if the little line on the right side would've ben removed it would be my filter of choice :P I'm sure I'm not the only ScummVM user that really likes that one, that said thanks for letting me partially on what I was looking for.
adventur

Post by adventur »

I actually like the render, it would be nice if it had ben kept in recent ScummVM, the only thing that needs fixing is the black line. really it's fine for an slight graphical enhancement, but hey I'm just a dreamer... :oops:
adventur

Post by adventur »

but hey, what about hardware stretch? could that be possible for ScummVM to accomplish such thing?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

adventur wrote:but hey, what about hardware stretch? could that be possible for ScummVM to accomplish such thing?
Yes it is possible. The question who will bring old OpenGL backend up to date (we added lots of new functionality to OSystem since 0.5.x) and maintain it in the future.

Eugene
adventur

Post by adventur »

well this is a perfect job for someone in the cosmetic department of ScummVM :D it would be mine to do if I could accomplish such thing, anyone with a good eye that notice that kind of thing & noticed it need fixing.. I swear I'd help you out guys but I can't possibly do any code at all, I'm helpless :cry: but I'm still willing to offer cheers to the team! 8)