Compressing files, for full throttle

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bingobot

Compressing files, for full throttle

Post by bingobot »

I've just completed compressing comi, and it took forever to do it "manually" as all the guides point to compress_whatever_bun/san.exe files that does not exist in the toolpackage.

Now ive started on FT and holybollogna, there are ALOT of sanfiles there to compress. Where on earth can i find these mystic .exe files so i can compress them all with a simple .bat-file?

TLDR; im looking for compress_scumm_bun/san.exe. theyre not in the tool package. it takes _forever_ to do it manually when i can only select one file at a time
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I think the tools package is a little in limbo at the moment.
If you check a reply I made to your post in the Wii forum where I guide you to older releases you can also find older tools packages. You might be better off with the 1.0.0 release.
The GUI is fairly new and I think the idea is to incorporate as many of the command line based tools and the GUI into one executable. The scumm ones seem to be already incorporated whilst some others are not.
By the way the older tools packages had a sort of GUI, different to the new one, but they will also include all of the command line tools separately.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

The tools help on our wiki should be up to date.

Basically what happened with the last release is that we have merged most of the tools together into a single executable. So where you needed to execute compress_scumm_bun.exe you will now need to use scummvm-tools-cli.exe. In most cases it will automatically detect the tool to use depending on the file you give to it. You can also specify the tool manually: scummvm-tools-cli --tool compress_scumm_bun

See the page I linked above or use scummvm-tools-cli --help for more help. You give also give a try to our new Tools GUI.
bingobot

Post by bingobot »

Thanks, will check it out.

I've also tried the new GUI etc, it works great, except for one small thing:P you can only compress one file at a time, and it doesnt remember all the previous settings, so you have to fool around with it for every file :/
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

It's supposed to remember the settings but indeed I know there are some issues there (only some of them are saved in the preference file). Regarding the processing of several files the version in SVN (i.e. for the next release) is a bit better since it proposes to process other files once you have finished to process one. This means you don't have to close the application and restart it and it does remember the settings :wink:
bingobot

Post by bingobot »

criezy wrote:It's supposed to remember the settings but indeed I know there are some issues there (only some of them are saved in the preference file). Regarding the processing of several files the version in SVN (i.e. for the next release) is a bit better since it proposes to process other files once you have finished to process one. This means you don't have to close the application and restart it and it does remember the settings :wink:
goodstuff 8)