Backyard Soccer error

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

zmakingmagic

Backyard Soccer error

Post by zmakingmagic »

I've been trying to run Backyard Soccer on ScummVM. It works perfectly up until you play the actual soccer games. When the soccer game starts the characters aren't on the field, but instead they are clumped together out of bounds on the sidelines. Everything else works great so I'm frustrated about this error. Has anyone else encountered this, and does anybody have a fix for it? Thanks and any help would be much appreciated.
Morden

Post by Morden »

The game is not properly supported. From the Backyard Sports series, only Baseball and Football games can be found on the compatibility list, and the Baseball games have only a 20% compatibility rating. Backyard Soccer starts, because ScummVM supports the engine, but it doesn't know how to handle this particular game.
zmakingmagic

Post by zmakingmagic »

yeah thanks for the response. It's a really weird error. I mean the rest of the game works fine, but when the game starts all the players bunch up in the upper left corner of the screen along with the soccer ball.
Morden

Post by Morden »

Have you tried installing the game using it's own installer? I don't know which version of the game you have and what OS you're using, but if you're on a 32-bit Windows, it's worth a shot. Unless, of course, you've already tried it and it didn't work.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

zmakingmagic wrote:yeah thanks for the response. It's a really weird error. I mean the rest of the game works fine, but when the game starts all the players bunch up in the upper left corner of the screen along with the soccer ball.
Essential piece of the game logic is not implemented in ScummVM. Since that is exactly the logic for controlling the players on the field, that is the reason why the game does not work.

Eugene