7TH GUEST/11TH HR

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

niki71uk wrote:so how do i get it to work then??? i did get it working eventually sort of but the souynd for speech is crap,and the sound for music works
eriktorbjorn wrote: DOSBox can supposedly run the DOS version of 11th Hour, though I don't know how well it works.
I assumed T11H fell into the early-directx-unrunnable-on-new-os category. When Eric pointed out there is a DOS(Boxable) binary as well, I dug up the game and gave it a spin.

There is no cd-swap trouble. Just iso everything and mount the isos as consecutive letters (f,g,h,i). The game is smart enough to accept that. I had to play a bit with the cpu-cycle limiter to stop the sound from glitching (Settled for 500000).

There are some small issues though. The live-action video parts have an annoying flicker, but overall gameplay is fine.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

Another option is to mount multiple ISO's to the same drive, and then use ctrl-f4 to swap through them. Using this method you can mount all 4 discs to drive D for example, and just hit ctrl-f4 when its time to put the next disc in. Works on any multi-cd game.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

The last time I played a multi-disc game with DOSBox was Pandora Detective about 18 months back.
The ctrl-f4 option is one way but Bob's multiple drive option is my preferred method. I made images and had E,F,G,H,I and J drives!
The sweet thing is that the 'next disc' request is totally bypassed and you get uninterrupted gameplay. Something which produces a little smile in me when I think back to playing Pandoras when it was first released and having to change discs often. Especially if you really like to explore. Although when you were on disc 4 for example and disc 2 was asked for it did hint that you were going the wrong way usually.
No wonder my Pandora CDs look really worn with lots of surface scratches.
ScottT
ScummVM Developer

Post by ScottT »

bobdevis wrote:Just iso everything and mount the isos as consecutive letters (f,g,h,i).
Nice - I found the CD loading in the disassembly a while back (at least for the win32 exe, it checks all drive letters C through Z) but it never actually clicked that the game was capable for that :)
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

ScottT wrote: Nice - I found the CD loading in the disassembly a while back (at least for the win32 exe, it checks all drive letters C through Z) but it never actually clicked that the game was capable for that :)
I only knew this because someone mentioned it here.
Anyway, it's nice to know you are working on the game.
MarkAmiga500

Re:

Post by MarkAmiga500 »

ScottT wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:34 am
bobdevis wrote:Just iso everything and mount the isos as consecutive letters (f,g,h,i).
Nice - I found the CD loading in the disassembly a while back (at least for the win32 exe, it checks all drive letters C through Z) but it never actually clicked that the game was capable for that :)
7th Guest / 11Th HR are fully playable and supported with ScummVM 2.2.0 ?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: 7TH GUEST/11TH HR

Post by sev »

Please check the compatibility list: https://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/

Eugene