Problem with Broken Sword Savegames (German) - NEED HELP!

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DJ oNIOn

Problem with Broken Sword Savegames (German) - NEED HELP!

Post by DJ oNIOn »

Hi!

I lost my savegames for Broken Sword (German version) and tried using those which were provided here on scummvm.plaaay.de - I use ScummVM v.1.0.0 for Windows and it told me that it had to convert these old savegames (from that website mentioned above). Apparently that had worked, but whenever I tried loading on of these savegames the program shut down with the following error:

User picked target 'sword1' (gameid 'sword1')...
Looking for a plugin supporting this gameid... Broken Sword
Starting 'Broken Sword 1: The Shadow of the Templars'
fetchObject: section 128 is not open!

Well, saving and loading had worked before, but I can't get these converted savegames to work :-(

Savegames are for the German version, too. They also appear with proper titles within ScummVM or within the game itself - but whenever I try loading any of them ScummVM shuts down :-(

ANY IDEAS?

P.S.: Boy, you gotta be fast to catch a screenshot of these error messages...!
raina

Re: Problem with Broken Sword Savegames (German) - NEED HELP

Post by raina »

DJ oNIOn wrote:P.S.: Boy, you gotta be fast to catch a screenshot of these error messages...!
Or if you start ScummVM the command line, they're left on the screen when it exits.
bobdevis

Re: Problem with Broken Sword Savegames (German) - NEED HELP

Post by bobdevis »

raina wrote:
DJ oNIOn wrote:P.S.: Boy, you gotta be fast to catch a screenshot of these error messages...!
Or if you start ScummVM the command line, they're left on the screen when it exits.
Explained in detail here;
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=8440
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

I think I remember that this problem only occured in some pirated versions.

Just kidding. I haven't got a clue. ;-)
ddkram

Post by ddkram »

It could be a bad conversion of the save files or somthing. If you make a new save and load it does the same thing happen ?
Im also current working on making saves with every game i have thats supported by scummvm (1.0.0), My goal is to try and make a save at pretty much every important part in each game so i am making alot of saves, i have already done Broken Sword 1 (english but the saves should be compatible with the german version) so if you want i could upload my 54 Broken Sword 1 saves from pretty much every point in the game, just let me know if you want them.
rafapessoa

Post by rafapessoa »

Can you do this?
I really need the save on Vasconcello's after the masoulem; in my version, in the video after fix the chessboard my game get frozen. please, upload your saves in any place and I`ll take it! :)