King's Quest IV AGI recognized as Fanmade AGI

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Cerebus1

King's Quest IV AGI recognized as Fanmade AGI

Post by Cerebus1 »

Hello,
I recently got a copy of King's Quest IV AGI from someone on eBay (not an easy task...nobody knows to make it clear in their listing if it's AGI or SCI), but it is not recognized as King's Quest IV by ScummVM. It's not really a big deal, as it is recognized as an AGI Fanmade game. It seems to play just fine, so I changed the name and it's all set. I just thought people might want to know. My floppy disks say Version #2.3
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: King's Quest IV AGI recognized as Fanmade AGI

Post by Raziel »

Cerebus1 wrote:Hello,
I recently got a copy of King's Quest IV AGI from someone on eBay (not an easy task...nobody knows to make it clear in their listing if it's AGI or SCI), but it is not recognized as King's Quest IV by ScummVM. It's not really a big deal, as it is recognized as an AGI Fanmade game. It seems to play just fine, so I changed the name and it's all set. I just thought people might want to know. My floppy disks say Version #2.3
What are the md5sums and size of the files
Take a look on how to find and report it like described here
JonWW

Post by JonWW »

I have King's Quest 4 AGI version 2 which has the "BEAM ME" Easter Egg. They claim that version 2.3 had this Easter Egg removed. Can you check if the "RAP KQ" Easter Egg is in version 2.3? After defeating Lolotte, go back into your old cell and type "rap kq".
Cerebus1

Post by Cerebus1 »

Hi,
I got this from the console window. Is this what you're asking for?
"kq4dir", "82a0d39af891042e99ac1bd6e0b29046", 2786
"object", "99586cbcea06eec3c8c8944ac5c4c46c", 713

It's King's Quest IV for MS-DOS, Version #2.3. It comes on 3.5" floppy disks (as well as 5.25" floppy disks, but I don't have much use for those).

If this is not what you were asking for, please let me know. Sorry I'm new at this, I'll do my best to help.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Yes, thats the ones you need to report
report it at the bug tracker and ask for support
Cerebus1

Post by Cerebus1 »

Thanks for the confirmation. It's been added to the bug tracker.