Missing files?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Yoko

Missing files?

Post by Yoko »

Hi.
I have downloaded ScummVm and got it up and ready on my mac. After reading a few threads stating that the broken sword one & two pack work, I went ahead and downloaded myself a legal copy.
The Instal file was a window one, so I went and downloaded CrossOver which allowed me to instal the files onto my mac.
That all worked and I then installed the games one by one. Within the installed files, I can not see any of the what is needed by ScummVm.
Here is an image of the game folder.
Am I being really stupid here or has something gone wrong?
Cheers.
clone2727
Retired

Re: Missing files?

Post by clone2727 »

Yoko wrote:downloaded myself a legal copy
Where did you download said legal copy?
Yoko

Post by Yoko »

http://www.mastertronic.com/productDownload.asp?pid=813
The third game comes with it, but I have not installed it, and never will.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

What's in the sword2 folder?
Yoko

Post by Yoko »

md5 wrote:What's in the sword2 folder?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

The "sword2" folder (resp. its subdirs) should contain all files needed to run the game. You can try it by pointing ScummVM at that folder (using the "Add Game..." button in the launcher).
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I noticed you said 'installed' the games.
I believe Feeble Files is the only game you need to install.
Generally you'd check the wiki for the files needed and then copy and paste them from the CD/DVD to a folder on your hard drive.
However I don't know how this version you have comes. Maybe it's one setup file so you have to install it first unless there's some 3rd party tool to extract the setup file on your platform.
I didn't know Mastertronic done downloads now. I have some CDs with that name on. They release old games at cheaper prices. I think mine cost £10 each new.
Luther

Post by Luther »

You may need to install the game ( I used Parallels to do so on my Mac ) the get the necessary files from the folder it installs to.
Yoko

Post by Yoko »

Luther wrote:You may need to install the game ( I used Parallels to do so on my Mac ) the get the necessary files from the folder it installs to.
No need, I got it all working fine now :D! Been years since ive played this. Thanks for all the help!