DW2 second CD

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dpfishman

DW2 second CD

Post by dpfishman »

See my question and the reply below. The software is not pirated. I own the CDs, and converted them to isos using an iso burner, thinking that ScummVM might need them in iso form to run. So... I could still use help with the second CD problem.

"
Discworld 2 "Insert CD 2" problem

Hi guys,

Been playing through DW2 and am stymied by the request to insert the second CD. I have both CDs in iso format in the folder that I use as the game path. I've also tried copying all the files from the CDs into one folder, and using THAT as the game path, but I can't get the game to recognize the second CD. Any advice?

~Dan
Edit/Delete this post Reply with quote
Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:00 pm
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Using ISO is generally the sign that you use pirated software. As specified by rule #0 of the forums, you'll receive no support for this kind of software. Find an original and try again...

Post by bobdevis »

This has been asked MANY MANY MANY times here for multi-cd games.
The answer is in the FAQ, its in the README and in about a 1000 threads here. If you have used the time to search around instead of posting (again!) you would have known the answer already.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Don't be mean :-P It can be confusing when you're first using ScummVM, and there aren't really any notes about Discworld in the readme yet.

For all games, you should not run from CDs, you should copy the needed files to your hard drive. Go here and copy all the files listed there from both CDs. Be sure to rename the .idx, .txt and .smp files as it tells you.
Last edited by KuroShiro on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vegan

Re: DW2 second CD

Post by Vegan »

dpfishman wrote:I own the CDs, and converted them to isos using an iso burner, thinking that ScummVM might need them in iso form to run.
This is not how you use ScummVM.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

This person hasn't had the greatest introduction to ScummVM.
Just to say I too have a lot of my old games as isos and bin/cues as they are packed away nice and safely either in my flat here or at my mothers which is 200km away. Actually most of them are at my mothers.
It was the thing to do as I used to travel a lot and also it's a common practice amongst game collectors.