Loading savegames from different localizations

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

invwar

Loading savegames from different localizations

Post by invwar »

Hi!
Currently I am playing some Games supported by ScummVM in my home country language (German) and in English. Thereby I found out, that many savegames (not all) are compatible to each other. (you can load the german savegame in the english game without problems)
Thus I asked me, if it wouldn't be possible to save the savegames from these games in a unified format. e.g. instead of comi-de and comi-en (for Monkey Island 3 German and English) as comi. Because of this trading savegames beyond the borders would be much easier and user friendly.

I also have another request question. Would it be possible to use subfolders for the savegames? I usually save many times while playing and so my save folder is full of savegames from different games. So its sometimes difficult to find a certain savegame.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Loading savegames from different localizations

Post by LordHoto »

invwar wrote: I also have another request question. Would it be possible to use subfolders for the savegames? I usually save many times while playing and so my save folder is full of savegames from different games. So its sometimes difficult to find a certain savegame.
You can setup a savepath for every single game you added to ScummVM, just check in the "Edit game" dialog of the launcher.