Fullscreen on 2. ext. Display (MacOSX)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MasteRehm

Fullscreen on 2. ext. Display (MacOSX)

Post by MasteRehm »

Hi,

I use a Apple Mac Book Pro and a second display (24"LCD). I want to play the games with ScummVM on the second/external display in fullscreen, but if I use the fullscreen option ScummVM uses the primary (Mac Book) display.

How can I play the games in fullscreen on the 2. display?
Can somebody help me?

Thx in advance
SuperDre

Re: Fullscreen on 2. ext. Display (MacOSX)

Post by SuperDre »

There's propably some option in MacOS to 'clone' the view to the next screeen.. at least there is in Windows..
hippy dave

Post by hippy dave »

i haven't tried scummvm with an external monitor, but here's what works with front row, so it might work with scummvm too:

go to system preferences -> display preferences -> arrangement, and on the representation of the two screens, drag the menu bar to the external screen.

whichever display has the menu bar is considered by os x to be the primary display, and eg. front row displays fullscreen on the primary display, maybe scummvm does as well.
MasteRehm

Post by MasteRehm »

Works. Thx.

So, one more question: Can I manually resize the ScummVM window like other windows?
I want to play the games in window mode but in the normal small one. Do you know what I mean?
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

On Windoze you can change the Active Graphics Filter to x2 and x3 by pressing Ctrl-Alt-+ and Ctrl-Alt--. Not sure what the combination is for Mac. You can also set this in the Options under Graphics.
MasteRehm

Post by MasteRehm »

Works perfect.
Thx.