Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - Music mp3

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

BeleG wrote:I think that Fate of Atlantis already uses the iMUSE technology, so it would be impossible to implement any other music in the game than the original midi files.
The DOS version does, at least:
foa-imuse.png
foa-imuse.png (18.25 KiB) Viewed 230 times
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

BeleG wrote:I think that Fate of Atlantis already uses the iMUSE technology, so it would be impossible to implement any other music in the game than the original midi files.
Well, and how does it work with the enhanced music for Simon the Sorcerer? There seems to be a way disabling the original in-game sound and playing the oggs of the new music instead. So I would think that this is possible here as well.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Nikioko wrote:
Well, and how does it work with the enhanced music for Simon the Sorcerer? There seems to be a way disabling the original in-game sound and playing the oggs of the new music instead. So I would think that this is possible here as well.
The music in Simon the Sorcerer is "normal" MIDI synthesized music, which can be easily replaced with digital music. However, in Fate of Atlantis, the music uses a more sophisticated technology called iMuse, which changes the music on the fly, making it impossible to just substitute it with such audio files.
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

md5 wrote: The music in Simon the Sorcerer is "normal" MIDI synthesized music, which can be easily replaced with digital music. However, in Fate of Atlantis, the music uses a more sophisticated technology called iMuse, which changes the music on the fly, making it impossible to just substitute it with such audio files.
Well, so far it's fine. And how does it work with in the enhanced audio version of MI1? There it is CD tracks that are played.
BeleG

Post by BeleG »

The first game to use the iMUSE system was Lechuck's Revenge. They used "normal" music until that game.