Fullscreen not working

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Rasi

Fullscreen not working

Post by Rasi »

Hello, i have a problem with scummvm's fullscreen mode.
My Monitor simply blanks and gives a "out of range" warning.

The only mode that works is the the normal (non-scaled) mode, that looks very ugly in fullscreen... all other scalers make it blank with and without aspect ratio correction.

The OS is linux with latest stable nvidia drivers. My Monitor is a Acer AJ15FP.
clem

Post by clem »

does that happen with both the 2x and 3x scalers?
odd.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Have you tried running any other games in full screen?
Rasi

Post by Rasi »

Well.. update:

I can run monkey island, dott and others with the same resolution just fine with a x3 scaler.... others (like discworld2) dont work at ANY scaler and not even without one...

Discworld 2 with x2 scaler is already larger than my monitor, there it makes sense... but my monitor for sure can handle 640x480 input...

*Edit*

In Windows it indeed DOES work... must be something wrong with my X setup...
Rasi

Post by Rasi »

Just realised: I cant change my screen resolution to 640x480 at all.. it just blanks - so its not only scummvm...

Here is my xorg.conf:

http://rafb.net/p/jrfpoH12.html
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

It´s probably not only just a resolution thing. I had similiar problems with old DOS games in DOSBox under WinXP when using my old monitor. Although the monitor was capable of showing the used resolution there was a problem that this resolution didn´t work with all refresh rate modes. But the same PC setup with another monitor did work. So perhaps you should try to switch down to a lower refresh rate when using VGA resolution.
Rasi

Post by Rasi »

Lostech wrote:It´s probably not only just a resolution thing. I had similiar problems with old DOS games in DOSBox under WinXP when using my old monitor. Although the monitor was capable of showing the used resolution there was a problem that this resolution didn´t work with all refresh rate modes. But the same PC setup with another monitor did work. So perhaps you should try to switch down to a lower refresh rate when using VGA resolution.

hmmm.. and how can i do this in linux? :)
Rasi

Post by Rasi »

Rasi wrote:
Lostech wrote:It´s probably not only just a resolution thing. I had similiar problems with old DOS games in DOSBox under WinXP when using my old monitor. Although the monitor was capable of showing the used resolution there was a problem that this resolution didn´t work with all refresh rate modes. But the same PC setup with another monitor did work. So perhaps you should try to switch down to a lower refresh rate when using VGA resolution.

hmmm.. and how can i do this in linux? :)
btw, experienced further: i can run X in 320x240... the only resolution not working is indeed 640x480 (and probably 640x400)
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

It should be possible to reconfigure the Xserver and to choose within the monitor settings which resolution@refreshrate the Xserver can use.
There should be many Howto´s available for every Linux distribution for reconfiguring the Xserver.
Since you´re using the Nvidia drivers you should escpecially search for "nvidia-xconfig".