Buggy Scrolling and switching in Goblins 3

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lwc

Buggy Scrolling and switching in Goblins 3

Post by lwc »

It's really hard to scroll left and right. It often doesn't react. Sometimes it even gets stuck on a certain view and I must save, restart the game and load.

A more minor bug is that sometimes I can't switch characters. When I click on the "other" character, the first character goes to it instead of switching to it. Saving and loading doesn't fix it. I have to exit the screen, then save and load, and return to the first screen. But I'm luckly it happened to me in a level where you have multiple screens (with exit icons).
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Buggy Scrolling and switching in Goblins 3

Post by DrMcCoy »

lwc wrote:It's really hard to scroll left and right. It often doesn't react. Sometimes it even gets stuck on a certain view and I must save, restart the game and load.
What system? Which ScummVM version?
When you scroll to the left, you have to "push" the left edge. If you're not playing in fullscreen, it often helps to lock the mouse to the window (Ctrl+M, on Linux, at least).
If that doesn't help, please file a bug report.
lwc wrote:A more minor bug is that sometimes I can't switch characters. When I click on the "other" character, the first character goes to it instead of switching to it. Saving and loading doesn't fix it. I have to exit the screen, then save and load, and return to the first screen. But I'm luckly it happened to me in a level where you have multiple screens (with exit icons).
Hmm, yes, I just got that myself here, when Blount is standing on the ladder in the first screen. Does it happen for you only on ladders/stairs, or everywhere?
And please file a bug report for that one.
lwc

Post by lwc »

Latest ScummVM in XP SP3.

Wow, ctrl-m made such a huge difference! Too bad I didn't know it before.

The main place in which I couldn't switch characters was the inn (one of the first levels), that luckily had exit signs.