Discworld and ScummVM

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

scoriae

Post by scoriae »

Nikioko wrote:Well, I just downloaded the newest daily built, and both Discworld games could not be recognized.
Once the 0.13 release is out, SVN builds should have Discworld support re-enabled. So you won't havwe to wait until the 0.14 release, just until 0.13 is out.
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

Why is that and how long will I have to wait for a stable version of 0.13? I got a daily built from Dec. 31 which works well except for enhanced music.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

scoriae wrote:
Nikioko wrote:Well, I just downloaded the newest daily built, and both Discworld games could not be recognized.
Once the 0.13 release is out, SVN builds should have Discworld support re-enabled. So you won't havwe to wait until the 0.14 release, just until 0.13 is out.
Jonatan said in the post before yours no Tinsel until 0.14.
Sev says it here as well.
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=43943#43943
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Red_Breast wrote:
scoriae wrote:
Jonatan said in the post before yours no Tinsel until 0.14.
Sev says it here as well.
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=43943#43943
SVN builds have all engines enabled and built in
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

md5 wrote: SVN builds have all engines enabled and built in
Should they really have that now? I would have thought they were made to be as close as possible to the final 0.13 during the test phase.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

md5 wrote:
SVN builds have all engines enabled and built in
I don't think they do anymore actually, I installed a new SVN a few days ago and DW2 was not detected.
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

Why has Tinsel been disabled, anyway?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Because it's not going to be included in the next release, which the ScummVM team is getting ready for at the moment.
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

OK, I will catch this point a bit further: Why isn't it included in the next (stable) release, which the ScummVM team is getting ready for at the moment?
Both games ran stable on my system, except that I couldn't scroll through my inventory in DW1.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

I guess because even though development on this engine has happened rapidly, it is not yet in a state that suggests official support, and there is still the question of the freeware release of DW 1 which I am guessing the devs are holding out for.

Notice the word 'guess' is stated several times.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

If 'stable' means stable across all official platforms then the DW2 PPC bug is still 'open'.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=d ... tid=418820

May I ask, I don't want to take this thread off-topic, as a person who knows very little about programming is this bug a hard one to solve? I know x86 is little endian and ppc is bi-endian. But that's it.
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

Jonatan wrote:I guess because even though development on this engine has happened rapidly, it is not yet in a state that suggests official support, and there is still the question of the freeware release of DW 1 which I am guessing the devs are holding out for.

Notice the word 'guess' is stated several times.
Well, I far as I know, there has been a compatibility chart ever since this site exists. Why not support the game with official 70%?

I don't want to be pushy, but I HAVE TO test Discworld 1 with Enhanced Music integrated...
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Well, apparently, the main reason Tinsel is not included until the next release is because there is some paperwork that needs to be signed.
Legal stuff I figure.
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

I thought the reason that the tinsel engine wasn't in the next release is that they wanted to wait until the games are made freeware which is yet to happen.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

See three posts up.