How to take Screenshots in ScummVM?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

We have nothing to do with D-Fend, so you should ask them.
Nowhere Girl wrote:As usual, no original version, this is the Scumm VM-compatible version without exe files.
What ScummVM-compatible version are you talking about?
Nowhere Girl

Post by Nowhere Girl »

Doesn't matter, the problem is already solved. Thanks for help anyway.
Btw, about screenshots in Scumm VM generally... I don't know if bitmaps are such a good solution. First - in case of non-huge non-photos PNG files are much smaller than bitmaps. In cartoon-type graphics PNGs are usually about from 4 to even 20 times smaller (in terms of file size, of course) and I haven't noticed any loss of quality. Second, something strange happens... all these BMP screenshots are displayed in the D-Fend Reloaded thumbnail window as the last one. When I view them in their right size, they are OK, but the thumbnails are all the same. Ater I convert each file to PNG, the problem disappears - the thumbnails are displayed are actual miniatures of their images.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Nowhere Girl wrote: Btw, about screenshots in Scumm VM generally... I don't know if bitmaps are such a good solution.
Maybe not, but the SDL library has built-in support for creating BMP, so it was certainly a convenient way. And, as you say, the files can be converted to other formats afterwards.

Personally I view it, at least partly, as a debugging tool.