SVN Compile error

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bhebing

SVN Compile error

Post by bhebing »

I'm trying to compile SVN trunk (checked out 19 aug). I've followed the howto on the wiki, but the build still fails. Visual Express 2008 gives the following error:

Code: Select all

1>Linking...
1>plugins.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class PluginObject * __cdecl g_TINSEL_getObject(void)" (?g_TINSEL_getObject@@YAPAVPluginObject@@XZ)
1>plugins.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "enum PluginType g_TINSEL_type" (?g_TINSEL_type@@3W4PluginType@@A)
What am I doing wrong? I did install the MSDN express libraries (they were not included with VC++ 2008 Express), bu that didn't help either.
Last edited by bhebing on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Do try to build ScummVM as a static EXE or as a plugin version with plugin DLLs?
bhebing

Post by bhebing »

As far as I can see: the dll option.

Where can I change that?
ddkram

Post by ddkram »

i also get this error but only when building "release" if you build "debug" it works fine (i am unsure why since i aint a programmer but my guess is since its the tinsel engine that is failing its possible that it isnt ready to be built in the release version)
ddkram

Post by ddkram »

ok i managed to fix the error by adding the line
tinsel_release/tinsel.lib"
to scummvm.vcproj since its missing in the release section and now it appears to be building alright for that error but a new error happens to do with agos and saveload.cpp which i am gonna work on now and see what i can do.

EDIT:- Ok after disabling warning levels on agos and scummvm i can now build it perfectly (i am unsure if the agos engine will work properly because i just disabled the error but since i dont have any agos games to try out right now i dont know if it will work properly or not but so far all other engines appear to be working including Tinsel for discworld)
Last edited by ddkram on Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
bhebing

Post by bhebing »

The Debug build option did work. So I am now happily playing Discworld in ScummVM. Cool.
ddkram

Post by ddkram »

i am glad it worked for you. if you want to build a debug version read my above post (now edited) or if you dont understand i can guide you through it but the debug version should work alright anyway so you proberly wont need the release version.