Goblins Quest 3 - track1.ogg (or wav) doesnt work)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

marticus

Goblins Quest 3 - track1.ogg (or wav) doesnt work)

Post by marticus »

I've copied the required files off my Goblins Quest 3 CD and also ripped the audio track; however when I play the game in scummvm there is no music.

I've tried it as track1.wav and track1.ogg and theres no background noise at all (the files play ok in winamp), and the file doesn't seem to be locked for reading (I can move it to another dir while playing the game).

Have I missed something?

There are no errors in the console:

User picked target 'gob3cd-us' (gameid 'gob')...
Looking for a plugin supporting this gameid... Gob Engine
Starting 'Gob engine game'

Also, in game, when I select Version it says 'V 0.'

I tested it with the CD, which scummvm says is not recommended, and it gets past the main screen, and starts playing the background sound before crashing.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

This may sound like a stupid question, but where did you copy track1.ogg to? (it should be in the game's folder) Does it work if you rename it to track01.ogg instead?
marticus

Post by marticus »

Yeah, its in the same folder as the game, i've tried renaming to 01, and i've tried all caps in case it's case sensitive.
clem

Post by clem »

marticus wrote:Yeah, its in the same folder as the game, i've tried renaming to 01, and i've tried all caps in case it's case sensitive.
It's not case sensitive as far as I know.

It was pointed out on some thread ages ago that under windows, since by default the file extensions are not visible, through renaming one could end up with track01.mp3.mp3 which of course wouldn't work. That's the only think that comes to my mind right now which could cause the file not to be found.
marticus

Post by marticus »

I have all my extensions shown. I ripped the first 2 games and they work fine.

Looks like I might have to live without cd audio then :/
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

case sensitivity isn't usually an issue under MS OSes, they're not designed to discriminate between a 'A' and a 'a' unlike *nix OSes. SCUMM VM as far as I'm aware isn't coded to be case sensitive either. So the problem might be in how you ripped the file, what method did you use to rip and encode the audio track?
clem

Post by clem »

Ceri Cat wrote:case sensitivity isn't usually an issue under MS OSes, they're not designed to discriminate between a 'A' and a 'a' unlike *nix OSes. SCUMM VM as far as I'm aware isn't coded to be case sensitive either.
I think that's pretty much what I posted about three posts above.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

From what I remember, one possible reason for missing CD audio is if the .lic file is missing. According to the data files page, it's called mus_gob3.lic for Goblins 3.

But I can't test at the moment, and you said you copied all the files already.
marticus

Post by marticus »

eriktorbjorn wrote:From what I remember, one possible reason for missing CD audio is if the .lic file is missing. According to the data files page, it's called mus_gob3.lic for Goblins 3.

But I can't test at the moment, and you said you copied all the files already.
Gah, that was the problem. I've been reinstalling all my scummvm related games and trying to follow the datafiles list exactly and i missed that one file.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

clem wrote:
Ceri Cat wrote:case sensitivity isn't usually an issue under MS OSes, they're not designed to discriminate between a 'A' and a 'a' unlike *nix OSes. SCUMM VM as far as I'm aware isn't coded to be case sensitive either.
I think that's pretty much what I posted about three posts above.
that happens quite a lot doesn't it. lol:)
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

All too often when your connection has been slowed and you're both on the forum at roughly the same time.