Broken Sword 2 Error --> Cannot open resurce.inf

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jacks

Broken Sword 2 Error --> Cannot open resurce.inf

Post by Jacks »

Because a WARNING playing COMI, I also have try my compress version of "Broken Sword 2" and i get this message: "Cannot open resurce.inf" and i don't know what's the problem, because i have this file in the directory. I have this structure:

--- SWORD2
|------ cd.inf
|------ resource.inf
|------ Startup.inf
|------ cluster.tab
|------ resource.tab
|
|-----+ CLUSTERS
| |----- *.clu
|
|-----+ MUSIC
| |----- music1.clg (compress)
| |----- music2.clg (compress)
|
|
|-----+ SPEECH
| | ----- speech1.clg (compress)
| |----- speech2.clg (compress)
|
|
|-----+ VIDEO
| | ----- all the files download from scummvm.org

And, when I compress it from my Original CD (SoldOut Collection) I'm pretty sure that it works perfectly...

Thanks a lot in advance!

PD.- And sorry for my english :)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Broken Sword 2 Error --> Cannot open resurce.inf

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Jacks wrote:Because a WARNING playing COMI, I also have try my compress version of "Broken Sword 2" and i get this message: "Cannot open resurce.inf" and i don't know what's the problem, because i have this file in the directory.
Is it possible that you pointed ScummVM to the wrong folder (maybe the CLUSTERS folder) when you added the game to ScummVM? That would explain why ScummVM wouldn't find any file directly under SWORD2.
Jacks

Post by Jacks »

Yep, you were right. Something strange happened to the pointing because i have moved all files to the root and i have added the game again and now it works perfectly.

It seems that scummVM does not like my directory structure, because if i create MUSIC and SPEECH folders and i put there the audio files, neither music or speech work ... so i'll put the files in the root.
It's strange because i'm pretty sure that with the previous versions the directory structs worked.

Thanks a lot :D
Jacks

Post by Jacks »

Finally i used the structure recommended in this thread:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=5384

But I put credits.bmp, credits.clu, resource.inf and resource.tab in the root path and BS2 seems to work perfectly; if i put them inside CLUSTERS folder, the credits are shown after some speech without reason.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Jacks wrote: But I put credits.bmp, credits.clu, resource.inf and resource.tab in the root path and BS2 seems to work perfectly; if i put them inside CLUSTERS folder, the credits are shown after some speech without reason.
That's odd. I thought the credits were only shown at the end of the game, or when pressing the "C" key.
Jacks

Post by Jacks »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Jacks wrote: But I put credits.bmp, credits.clu, resource.inf and resource.tab in the root path and BS2 seems to work perfectly; if i put them inside CLUSTERS folder, the credits are shown after some speech without reason.
That's odd. I thought the credits were only shown at the end of the game, or when pressing the "C" key.
I don't know... but if i put them again inside the clusters folder and i press ESC to pass the intro, then only a seconds after the spider goes to George Stobbard, the credits show up.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Jacks wrote: I don't know... but if i put them again inside the clusters folder and i press ESC to pass the intro, then only a seconds after the spider goes to George Stobbard, the credits show up.
I can't reproduce that, so I couldn't say why it would happen. ScummVM shouldn't (famous last word) care about the exact folder the file is in, as long as it can find it.
Jacks

Post by Jacks »

Eeeeps!!

It happened again, with those 4 files out of the clusters folder... I guess then that it may be a kind of random bug :shock:

I have the SoldOut Spanish version, in 2 CDs ... maybe i should report the bug?

Update --> The credits screen apears randomly a lot of times ...
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

That could be an issue with your computer, or even the keyboard. I doubt SCUMMVM is at fault, though that being said which version are you running that has the fault occuring?
Jacks

Post by Jacks »

Not seems that... I have to try out again, but in ubuntu 8.04 seems to work. Maybe a Vista problem?