Cant run Kyrandia 2 & 3 - scummvm cant find the game fol

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

LordHoto wrote: Actually it should be the movie file used by the installer to determine which VQA quality to use AFAIK.
Maybe. I thought there were separate movies for that, but I can't check at the moment, since I'm not at home.

Anyway, I don't think it's a high priority for ScummVM to be able to play it. :)
chas-g

Post by chas-g »

Well actually it's just that too many people believe all the other game engines we support have some code in common with the SCUMM games, which is not true

I do hope you correct each person that actually spells something wrong deliberately, or accidently in future then we can all sleep peacefully at night.

Well the datafiles list is not just some random file list, it's the accurate list of files needed for a game, thus I find it myself a bit strange - as in you believe that datafiles list is just a joke

Firstly I didn't know it was your list & secondly I never said it was a joke. Perhaps us old farts (anyone over 40) trying to keep up with technology should seek help elsewhere - from people who reply in a kind & helpful manner.

What you seem to have forgot is we are not all whiz kids/computer buffs & a kind thoughtful answer can go a long way.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

chas-g wrote: I do hope you correct each person that actually spells something wrong deliberately, or accidently in future then we can all sleep peacefully at night.
I do (most) of the time note that it's ScummVM and not Scumm when I'm answering to an Kyra related question.
chas-g wrote: Firstly I didn't know it was your list & secondly I never said it was a joke. Perhaps us old farts (anyone over 40) trying to keep up with technology should seek help elsewhere - from people who reply in a kind & helpful manner.
Actually it wasn't meant to be not helpful or unkind, but the documentation is quite clear on this, so I found it rather, no offense, stupid to ask about it. If you had some problem running the game I would understand why you ask, but apart I don't see too much reason for questioning the documentation.

Also my original answer:
Hm does BENCHL.VQA match *0.VQA? And is *.DRV listed on the datafiles page?
Was more sarcasm to point you again to check the documentation (in this case the datafiles page on our wiki).
If you got it wrong I'm sorry.

Anyway I never claimed that you said it was a joke, it just looked like you don't take the documentation serious, because you asked whatever you still have to copy/keep files not listed there.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

/me thinks some people should be grateful they are getting any help at all with the attitude they are displaying.
chas-g

Post by chas-g »

/me thinks some people should be grateful they are getting any help at all with the attitude they are displaying.

And some people should butt out :x

The prior conversation was finished! - sometimes you have to agree to disagree.

I was prepared to let it rest, but we can carry it on if you want.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

how very noble of you:D

for a person in his 40s you really need to grow up.

you are posting on a public forum, if you don't expect people to 'butt in' I suggest you check out e-mail instead.
chas-g

Post by chas-g »

What is your problem, got nothing better to do than gang up with other members! Like I said I was letting it rest with Lordhoto. Until you thought you'd stir things.

You mentioned that I should be gratefull - well I was that's why I said thanks. Because I enter into a discussion with another member you feel that you have to 'put your spoke in' that means interfere in the old fashioned language of the fuddy duddies since you choose to bring my age back into this. You're the person who needs to grow up.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

chas-g wrote:What is your problem, got nothing better to do than gang up with other members! Like I said I was letting it rest with Lordhoto. Until you thought you'd stir things.

You mentioned that I should be gratefull - well I was that's why I said thanks. Because I enter into a discussion with another member you feel that you have to 'put your spoke in' that means interfere in the old fashioned language of the fuddy duddies since you choose to bring my age back into this. You're the person who needs to grow up.
oooo. ganging up am I? haha, what I say or write is entirely my own opionion and I belive that goes for LordHoto as well. if you do not wish to respond to my postings the answer is pretty straightforward - simply don't. if that 'stirs things up' at your end, well, then you are the person with the problem in my opinion:D

as for being gratefull, the only "thanks" you uttered to LordHoto was a rather sarcastic and slightly agressive one. if you have not figured it out by now, he did not only write the datafiles listing but is also the person who added support for the kyra engine in ScummVM and if you can appreciate the kind of effort and hard work that goes into a project like that you would have dropped the attitude by now.

I am entirely aware of what 'put your spoke in' means, even though my native language is not english, because I bother to read a bit from time to time. maybe you should try it?
And I am really sorry, but I did not get the memo where it says that I am not allowed to bring your age into the discussion after you yourself choose to use it as an argument. I never called you a fuddy duddy. and even though I am not in my thirties yet, I am able to discuss subjects in a forum without letting my personal feelings get the upper hand. strange, isn't it?
chas-g

Post by chas-g »

In my final message to this posting.

I'm not going to waste my time responding to each of your babyish rants except to say I'm very surprised that you're in your twenties, I felt sure you must be about 13 years old.

So if you want to respond to this, 'break a leg'.
I'm sure you will, then you can pat yourself on the back for a job well done. That's called sarcasm in case you're not really in your twenties & don't understand, or haven't read it in a book yet.

Have a nice day
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

sigh.

/me is having a nice day.