Last Cruzade macintosh version, again

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

filipetolhuizen

Last Cruzade macintosh version, again

Post by filipetolhuizen »

Hello again,
The latest release of scummvm fixed some problems with the macintosh version of Indy3 and allowed me to go farther, but I'm really stuck with an annoying issue. In the Zeppelin the piano would not make a sound, causing the guard on the radio room to leave and immediately return, leaving me no time to act. I've also noticed that chimes (when using whip or changing back to IndyWear tm) also do not play (in the earlier versions, scummvm would crash right before the chimes). Is there a fix for this?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

I haven't played far enough into the game to know about the piano issue. You should file a bug report on it.

As for the missing sounds, Fingolfin found that the sounds being played had a size of 0, so it would crash when it tried to play them. Those sounds are skipped to avoid the crashes. There is no fix currently.
filipetolhuizen

So that's why it was crashing on earlier versions.
filipetolhuizen

I just remembered a way to avoid this: getting the biplane instead of the zeppelin, now I could complete the game. In the final credits I could notice the screen would not change and the credits letters kept appearing all together in front of each other, making them impossible to read. Digital sounds are not correctly buffered too.