Curse of monkey island - second disc , file problem

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Post Reply
keito_chan
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:14 pm

Curse of monkey island - second disc , file problem

Post by keito_chan »

I recently have been using scumm vm to play 'curse of monkey island' on my macbook. I'm using the cd and so far had no problems until it asked me to put the second disc in and i tried that and i found out it does not work, so i looked through all the fourms and README. I'm not very good at computer stuff but from what the fourm said i copied all of the files from disc one and two (inc all the comi and resource ect) then i created a new folder on my desktop and pasted it all on there then added that to scumm vm game. I still have my previous game on there and now the new file game on there, when i tried to start it, scumm vm just quits. What am i doing wrong? Can someone simply explain step to step what i should do. I feel so stupid :?
Cyphox
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:38 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Curse of monkey island - second disc , file problem

Post by Cyphox »

keito_chan wrote:I recently have been using scumm vm to play 'curse of monkey island' on my macbook. I'm using the cd and so far had no problems until it asked me to put the second disc in and i tried that and i found out it does not work, so i looked through all the fourms and README. I'm not very good at computer stuff but from what the fourm said i copied all of the files from disc one and two (inc all the comi and resource ect) then i created a new folder on my desktop and pasted it all on there then added that to scumm vm game. I still have my previous game on there and now the new file game on there, when i tried to start it, scumm vm just quits. What am i doing wrong? Can someone simply explain step to step what i should do. I feel so stupid :?
so you have two entries for mi3 now? and both won't start? strange, but looks like wrong game path...

open scummvm, delete all entries from mi3, click on "add game" and point scummvm to the folder with the new copied files. should work fine.
keito_chan
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:14 pm

Post by keito_chan »

I deleted both games then added the new file, but now it comes up with a message saying 'ERROR ; Bundlemgr :: open() Can't open bundle file: musdisk.bun' :S
User avatar
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:39 am

Post by eriktorbjorn »

keito_chan wrote:I deleted both games then added the new file, but now it comes up with a message saying 'ERROR ; Bundlemgr :: open() Can't open bundle file: musdisk.bun' :S
Odd. If anything, I would have expected it to say it couldn't open musdisk1.bun.

Other than that, the error message seems clear enough to me: ScummVM is trying to open a file, but can't find it in the game's folder. (For this particular game, if there's a folder named resource inside the game's folder, ScummVM should look there as well.)
keito_chan
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:14 pm

Post by keito_chan »

Ok, i just copied the resource from disc one instead of disc two and it started to work, but when i got to the same bit again it said 'Bundlemgr::open() can't open bundle file: musdisk2.bun

Does that mean anything?
User avatar
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:39 am

Post by eriktorbjorn »

keito_chan wrote:Ok, i just copied the resource from disc one instead of disc two and it started to work, but when i got to the same bit again it said 'Bundlemgr::open() can't open bundle file: musdisk2.bun

Does that mean anything?
You need the files from both CDs. (In the cases where the same file appears on both CDs, they should be identical so it doesn't matter which one you choose.)
keito_chan
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:14 pm

Post by keito_chan »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
keito_chan wrote:Ok, i just copied the resource from disc one instead of disc two and it started to work, but when i got to the same bit again it said 'Bundlemgr::open() can't open bundle file: musdisk2.bun

Does that mean anything?
You need the files from both CDs. (In the cases where the same file appears on both CDs, they should be identical so it doesn't matter which one you choose.)

Ok i just checked the folder and i have files from both cds (resource seems to be identical) so it starts the game on both discs (1 and 2) and where before it said change disc it comes up with the musdisk.bun error message. I am loading the game from where it was before, could that be the problem? What can i do to get the game working? it was fine up until this point.
User avatar
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:39 am

Post by eriktorbjorn »

keito_chan wrote: Ok i just checked the folder and i have files from both cds (resource seems to be identical) so it starts the game on both discs (1 and 2) and where before it said change disc it comes up with the musdisk.bun error message. I am loading the game from where it was before, could that be the problem? What can i do to get the game working? it was fine up until this point.
The first CD should contain (among other things) musdisk1.bun and voxdisk1.bun, which are the music and voice-overs for the first half of the game. The second CD should contain musdisk2.bun and voxdisk2.bun, which are the music and voices for the second half of the game.

ScummVM needs all four files (and, of course, a whole bunch of other files which you have presumably already copied) in order to play the game.
keito_chan
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:14 pm

Post by keito_chan »

Thanks alot! I kept copying the resource from one disc then replacing it by mistake when copying the second resource. so i kept replacing such files as musdisk1 with mukdisk2. Games working fine now, thanks again!
Post Reply