Can Mac games be played on a PC with ScummVM?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Qwertykeys

Can Mac games be played on a PC with ScummVM?

Post by Qwertykeys »

Hi I have a question, I was wondering if PCs can play Mac games with Scummvm? Would I have problems reading the 3.5 inch disc/CDs and would I just copy the folder?

Thanks
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

yes, it is possible although the discs/disks cant be read natively from within windows. you will need an app capable of reading disc in the Mac file format like HFVexplorer (you can get this app here , just scroll down a bit). Be sure to read the included readme as there is a part of installation that has to be done manually on pretty much all versions of windows

More detailed directions on how to use HVFexplorer to copy your mac game data to disk on a PC can be found on this page of the ScummVM Wiki
Spadgy

Post by Spadgy »

The same as the first question but opposite!

I've got ScummVM and a relevant Mac. Can I use that to play PC versions of LucasArts games? Like Sam and Max. I'm pretty sure that's the case from what I've read, but it's such a loose topic to search and I just want to read it specifically to my question before investing!

EDIT: Spelling
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Spadgy wrote:The same as the first question but opposite!

I've got ScummVM and a relevant Mac. Can I use that to play PC versions of LucasArts games? Like Sam and Max. I'm pretty sure that's the case from what I've read, but it's such a loose topic to search and I just want to read it specifically to my question before investing!

EDIT: Spelling
Yes, you can. After all that's one of the main strengths of ScummVM: to be able to play the games it supports (in this case, PC versions of LucasArts games) under a large variety of platforms and operating systems (in this case a Macintosh with MacOS)
Spadgy

Post by Spadgy »

Thank you!

I thought that was the case, but I couldn't convince myself!