Zak McKraken lock thread

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ben401

Zak McKraken lock thread

Post by ben401 »

Really I don't want to make a fuss of it, but i really don't get why the previous thread was lock. I supposedly didn't respect rule 0 (piracy). Well, I don't see why, was I asking or offering a file or something like that, i don't think so, was i giving a link or anything like that, i don't think so neither. Is it a crime to say I have an iso? I made a listing of the file because I was just trying to be as precise as possible when describing my issue.

Anyway, I guess I'll just go playing Zak McKraken on PC... under Dosbox, it doesn't have anything left to envy to ScummVM, support so many more games, and its forums aren't hostile...

Well, you can lock this one too if you feel like it.

Sorry.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Zak McKraken lock thread

Post by eriktorbjorn »

ben401 wrote:Is it a crime to say I have an iso?
I guess it was interpreted as "I don't have the original CD". (That's how I would interpret it, too.)
ben401 wrote:Anyway, I guess I'll just go playing Zak McKraken on PC... under Dosbox, it doesn't have anything left to envy to ScummVM, support so many more games, and its forums aren't hostile...
Naturally DOSbox handles many more games. It emulates a PC that runs DOS, rather than individual game engines. Does DOSbox really handle FM Towns games, though?
Sp00kyFox

Post by Sp00kyFox »

nope not rly but there is a nice fm-towns emulator called "UNZ"
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

You can't run FM-TOWNS games under DOSBox, as they were not created to be run under DOS

As for hostility, we don't offer support for pirate versions of games (read forum rule 0 again please), and since you don't know that FM-TOWNS games are not made for DOS, it proves even more that you don't own the original game and that ISO you got is an illegally downloaded copy of the game. So your logic is a bit flawed here: you got something which doesn't belong to you, yet you demand others to help you with it...

If you do want more help, you can always search our forums, your question has been asked in the past.

Finally, DOSBox and ScummVM do two very different things: DOSBox emulates a DOS environment (as its name says), whereas ScummVM is a total rewrite of several game engines, making the original games playable under a variety of platforms (which is not possible with DOSBox).
ben401

Post by ben401 »

Oh don't worry, I'm no coder but i'm no dummy neither in emulation. I know very well the iso i got is a FM-Town version (and i'm pretty sure it's the genuine iso of the original FM-Town cd). When I was talking about using Zak under Dosbox, I was referring to the EGA version. I was mentionning Dosbox just to tease to notice it can play most of the games ScummVM can.

Anyway MD5, you believe you were right, and I believe you weren't, as I stated at the beginning of the thread, I won't argue with you and won't wander anymore here with my stupid irrelevant piracy-related questions.

Bye.
Kaminari

Re: Zak McKraken lock thread

Post by Kaminari »

ben401 wrote:I guess I'll just go playing Zak McKraken on PC... under Dosbox, it doesn't have anything left to envy to ScummVM
Clearly you don't have any clue about the game you downloaded :)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

genuine iso of the cd? lol. and that makes alright?
/me ponders the stupidity of some ppl.