the dig and debug bug.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

heldao

the dig and debug bug.

Post by heldao »

when I try to play the dig after the introduction video a debug window opens and when I tr4y to close it, scummvm closes too,
could somebody tell me what to do?
th debug window open with the following message:
<2:5:0xAE>:Bundle Mgr::open<> Can´t open bundle file: digmusic.bun
clem

Re: the dig and debug bug.

Post by clem »

heldao wrote: <2:5:0xAE>:Bundle Mgr::open<> Can´t open bundle file: digmusic.bun
well, is the file "digmusic.bun" present in the folder with the other DIG datafiles?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: the dig and debug bug.

Post by eriktorbjorn »

heldao wrote:<2:5:0xAE>:Bundle Mgr::open<> Can´t open bundle file: digmusic.bun
The error message means, unsurprisingly, that ScummVM couldn't find the file digmusic.bun. ScummVM needs the data files listed here to play The Dig. The simplest way is to just copy the necessary data files to a folder on your hard disk, and point ScummVM to that.
heldao

Post by heldao »

wheel, thanks. but, where findo those files for download?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

heldao wrote:wheel, thanks. but, where findo those files for download?
The digmusic.bun file should be on the game CD, along with all the other data files. There's no need to download anything.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

heldao wrote:wheel, thanks. but, where findo those files for download?
what do you mean "find for download"? The devs are all assuming you own a legit copy of the game, if you are not you will not get any further support from this forum. ScummVM does not support the use or distribution of prated software in any way! Please refer to the FAQ!
heldao

Post by heldao »

Yes, I have the original copy of the game. It's also in portuguese my mother language. But the CD is rotten and some files are corrupted. Digmusic.bun is one of them. I only wanted to find some place else to download the same file.

thanks.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

heldao wrote:Yes, I have the original copy of the game. It's also in portuguese my mother language. But the CD is rotten and some files are corrupted. Digmusic.bun is one of them. I only wanted to find some place else to download the same file.

thanks.
Sorry for jumping on you like that then;) must be that time of month. However, this does not change the fact that you can not request downloads of licensed software in any way on this forum, even if you DO own the original game.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

heldao wrote:Yes, I have the original copy of the game. It's also in portuguese my mother language. But the CD is rotten and some files are corrupted. Digmusic.bun is one of them. I only wanted to find some place else to download the same file.

thanks.
Sorry, as Jonatan already said, we can't help you on that. Refer to forum rule #0
heldao

Post by heldao »

forget it then.
but one more question.
Isn´t dig an abandonware?
I thought that it meant that lucasarts had abandomned it´s copyrights or something like that. sorry but i'm still a newbie hahahaha
=D
heldao

Post by heldao »

another question. I wanted to know why scummvm closes when I tip any command on the debug screen like "continue" or "exit" that normally only closes the debug channel but not the program. And i'm not the only one that had the same problem with dig.

thank you all
=)
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

heldao wrote:Isn´t dig an abandonware?
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Copyr ... donware.3F
heldao wrote:lucasarts had abandomned it´s copyrights or something like that.
No, they most certainly did not.
heldao

Post by heldao »

well then in 2081 i´ll download the dig for free.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

heldao wrote: Isn´t dig an abandonware?
The English version is still being sold in some places. For instance, the UK branch of Amazon claims to have it in stock. The ScummVM Wiki has some hopefully fairly up-to-date links, too.
clem

Post by clem »

heldao wrote:another question. I wanted to know why scummvm closes when I tip any command on the debug screen like "continue" or "exit" that normally only closes the debug channel but not the program. And i'm not the only one that had the same problem with dig.
if the debug window opens on its own it usually means that ScummVM is really desperate and can't continue in any other way - so if you exit from the debugger then, it crashes/exits because there's nothing else it can do