Scumming a Broken Sword

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Uziwood

Scumming a Broken Sword

Post by Uziwood »

Hi guys, I recently discovered scummVM for psp and I also found my Broken Sword CD. It's a new version (2003) released by a gaming magazine in my country (Romania). Been playing it on pc for a while back then, it was working well on XP and it still works. My problem is: How to scumm it so it will work on my scummVM on the psp. The disk has the following files:
Autorun.INF
Broken Sword.msi
bs.ico
Data1.cab
Data11.cab
setup.exe

Anyone here has any ideea how to make it work ? I saw a monkey Island 3 folder for scumm and it had a lot of files, no archives or .exe or things like that. I'd be really glad if you could help me guys. Cheers.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

The BS data you have is packed, most of the files are propably in the *.cab-files. Do a full install to your computers hard drive and simply copy the folder where you installed the game.

edit; and you will have to replace the video smackerfiles with recompressed dxa or mpeg-video which you can get on ScummVm's download page. http://scummvm.org/downloads.php

I don't know if you are aware, but it will also save you some space if you compress the game audio to mp3/flac/vorbis. Have a look around the PSP section of the forum for more information if nobody else is able to help you out;)
Uziwood

Post by Uziwood »

Thanks alot man... now I only have to convert my music and I will be ready to play :)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Great, have a good time:)