How do I take .jpg screenshots?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MadMarvin

How do I take .jpg screenshots?

Post by MadMarvin »

See above. The (default?) .bmp format isn't exactly the greatest thing since sliced bread, so how do I force scVM to use the .jpg format instead?
clem

Re: How do I take .jpg screenshots?

Post by clem »

MadMarvin wrote:See above. The (default?) .bmp format isn't exactly the greatest thing since sliced bread, so how do I force scVM to use the .jpg format instead?
Take screenshot.
Convert to JPEG.

At least BMP is lossles, JPEG is lossy, so why insist on quality degradation out of the box?
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Post by jvprat »

It isn't currently supported from ScummVM itself, since SDL just can save directly to BMP. You have several options: convert the BMP to JPG or your desired format with an external program, or using your operating system facilities for making screenshots (usually using the "print screen" key).
MadMarvin

Post by MadMarvin »

clem wrote: Take screenshot.
Convert to JPEG.
Darn.:(
At least BMP is lossles, JPEG is lossy, so why insist on quality degradation out of the box?
I don't care if it's .png (which is lossless ... I think) or .jpg or whatever as long as it does not eat up that much HDD space.

Hmm, might as well get IrfanView and convert those files. It does have a batch option, doesn't it?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

MadMarvin wrote: Hmm, might as well get IrfanView and convert those files. It does have a batch option, doesn't it?
Yes, it does. Or you can give FastStone Image Viewer a try :) (I personally prefer it over IrfanView)
MadMarvin

Post by MadMarvin »

md5 wrote: Yes, it does. Or you can give FastStone Image Viewer a try :) (I personally prefer it over IrfanView)
Thanks, but I already installed IrfanView (shame on me! :D).

Thanks for the advice, guys. :)