Problems with lure.dat version

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Post Reply
Gulfar
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:40 pm

Problems with lure.dat version

Post by Gulfar »

Hi all,

I installed the latest daily build of scummvm (06-02-08) and trying to start Lure of the Tempress i receive the error:

"Incorrect version of lure.dat - expected 1.29 but got 1.28"

I downloaded the latest version from

http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnr ... gine-data/

but the error is still the same.

Any advice ? I'm not so familiar with scummvm and perhaps i'm missing something...

Thanks in advance.
Maurizio.
User avatar
Longcat
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:15 pm

Post by Longcat »

Try using the latest stable release of ScummVM instead?
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scum ... e?download
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter
Posts: 1423
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Malmoe, Sweden

Post by Anotherguest »

The thing is that you should use the version that was distributed with the version of scummvm you got. If you happen to have an older version of lure.dat in your lure folder already, then that will be in conflict with the correct version (which should be included in the scummvm installation package).
User avatar
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:16 am
Location: San Jose, California, USA

Post by dreammaster »

The most likely cause of the problem is that you've either downloaded an out of date version of lure.dat, which seems unlikely given that you post that you got the download from the SVN, or that as Anotherguest said, you may have an older version of lure.dat lying around elsewhere on your hard disk that ScummVM is opening rather than the copy you downloaded.

I'd recommend you double check if you have any other copies of lure.dat present on your hard disk and either remove them, or replace it/them with the copy you downoaded.
clem
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:14 am

Post by clem »

dreammaster wrote:The most likely cause of the problem is that you've either downloaded an out of date version of lure.dat, which seems unlikely given that you post that you got the download from the SVN
I tried to find out which version the current lure.dat in SVN is (1.28 or 1.29?), however the revision history does not give any indication of that - might be worthwhile to list that in the comments in the future. (or am I just turning blind?)
User avatar
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:16 am
Location: San Jose, California, USA

Post by dreammaster »

clem wrote:I tried to find out which version the current lure.dat in SVN is (1.28 or 1.29?), however the revision history does not give any indication of that - might be worthwhile to list that in the comments in the future. (or am I just turning blind?)
No, you're not going blind. I generally didn't mark the version number when committing changed lure.dat versions because I didn't really see any need for people to be going back to prior revisions deliberately - they'd only ever need the latest one. Additionally, the 0.11 release also contains the correct lure.dat version for the version of the Lure engine it includes.

It's simply unfortunate that in this case I suspect that he's still got the older Lure.dat version lying around from the 0.11, which is out of date for the SVN 0.12 code that he's now trying.
clem
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:14 am

Post by clem »

dreammaster wrote: I generally didn't mark the version number when committing changed lure.dat versions because I didn't really see any need for people to be going back to prior revisions deliberately
Going back to older versions might be useful for regression testing though

edit: nevermind, just realized that that would also check out the respective lure.dat at the same time
Gulfar
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Gulfar »

Really thanks for all the answers, and sorry if I disappeared for some days.

I wanted to test the SVN version because I like to be "up to date" with all the softwares :)

I thought it was not a problems for "plugins" like lure.dat, downloading it from the "trunk" of the SVN, but I was wrong.

I'll try to fix, for now thanks again.
Maurizio.
Post Reply