Gobliiins

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

R4Zi3L

Gobliiins

Post by R4Zi3L »

WARNING: STUB: vid_initDriver!
WARNING: inter_palLoad: cmd == 49 is not supported!

Game is working but there is are some problems with audio sync...
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

You may safely ignore those warnings.

As I understand, you run CD version, ant there is really sound misalingment accumulating in the intro. There is nothing we can do with that unfortunately.

Eugene
R4Zi3L

Post by R4Zi3L »

sorry... floppy version is working great but CD ver. crash after intro :(
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Please, submit a bugreport for that.

Eugene
R4Zi3L

Post by R4Zi3L »

Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
Collector

Post by Collector »

The game seems to work fine for me. I did have some problems with audio sync, but ripping the audio track to ogg solved that.
R4Zi3L

Post by R4Zi3L »

You are right! When I copy game on HDD and rip track to ogg, everything is now ok, THX! :)
Track505

Post by Track505 »

I hear no Sound. I have the cd version. I ripped the Track from CD to HD with Name "Track02.wav". I put this in the same Folder (GOB1). Or rename to ???

ps: i used it on the PSP.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Track505 wrote:I hear no Sound. I have the cd version. I ripped the Track from CD to HD with Name "Track02.wav". I put this in the same Folder (GOB1). Or rename to ???

ps: i used it on the PSP.
ScummVM doesn't play WAV files -- you need to compress it to MP3, Ogg Vorbis, or FLAC. Depending on which method you use, the file should be named track1.mp3, track1.ogg, track1.fla or track1.flac. ScummVM considers the first audio track to be track 1, while many other programs apparently count the data track as track 1.

Mind you, I don't have a PSP so I don't know which of these compression methods are supported on it.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

eriktorbjorn wrote:Mind you, I don't have a PSP so I don't know which of these compression methods are supported on it.
ScummVM on PSP supports both MP3 and Ogg, not FLAC.
Track505

Post by Track505 »

OK. Thanks, it works now. I have it renamed to track1 :lol:
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Another bug I've noticed is that MIDI music is not played at all in the floppy disk version.

Also, ScummVM crashes if esc is pressed to bypass the intro when the first sound sample starts to play (the guy on the bottom left drinking)

Edit: one more bug: the cutscenes between the levels are bypassed very quickly (they flash on the screen for 2 seconds, not enough time to read the text!)

Edit: one more: the copy protection is not always skipped (it rejects random codes sometimes). And please, write somewhere in the readme file that Gobliiins accepts 4-digit codes, or just skip the copy protection screen altogether

And one more, a bit more severe: I got stuck at level 10 (code LQPCUJV). I throw the meat in the hole with Oups, but then I can't cast a spell with Ignatius on the small branch with the leaves on the right. I can cast every other random thing, apart from the branch itself :(

Great work with Gobliiins btw 8)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

md5 wrote:Another bug I've noticed is that MIDI music is not played at all in the floppy disk version.
I don't have the floppy version myself, but did it really have MIDI music, or music at all for that matter? I've seen a couple of reviews claiming it didn't.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

To be honest, I can't remember anymore. You could be right, Erik (although it's strange, because floppy disk versions usually had MIDI music).

Have a look at the other bugs in my post (I updated it), especially the one in level 10
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

md5 wrote:Another bug I've noticed...

Also, ScummVM crashes...

Edit: one more bug...

Edit: one more...

And one more ...
Please, submit those bugs to our bugtracker. That's the only way of having them resolved.

Eugene