scummvm.ini in program root

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Second

scummvm.ini in program root

Post by Second »

Hello,

I have a problem! Why does my ScummVM not recognize my configuration file (scummvm.ini) in its program root after I've moved it away from the dark, hellish pits of Documents & Settings on Windows XP?

Thanks beforehand,
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

You would have to use a command line switch to tell it to use that. See the README
Second

Post by Second »

Thank you very much!

For others that are interested, the switch is "--config=", for example,

Code: Select all

C:\Path\To\ScummVM\scummvm.exe --config=scummvm.ini
It might be useful if the existence of this switch could be mentioned in the readme under the configuration file section ("(8.0) Configuration files") - that's where I naturally looked at first and didn't find what I was looking for.

It wouldn't be a bad feature to automatically scan the program root for an overriding "scummvm.ini" file at runtime, either :)[/code]
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Second wrote:It wouldn't be a bad feature to automatically scan the program root for an overriding "scummvm.ini" file at runtime, either :)
Let's not reinvent a dead horse.

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=1655
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4093
Cyphox

Post by Cyphox »

Second wrote: It might be useful if the existence of this switch could be mentioned in the readme under the configuration file section ("(8.0) Configuration files") - that's where I naturally looked at first and didn't find what I was looking for.
hmmmm... i wanted to know how i can start a game directly with a shortcut. the first thing i did: scummvm.exe --help :P
Second

Post by Second »

Dead horse or not (looking at those threads, that would be highly arguable!), neither of those threads (which would have been incredibly helpful for me too) came up on the first page of the search when I searched the forums for "scummvm.ini".

What's up with that?