MT-32 Help

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Dave'O

MT-32 Help

Post by Dave'O »

I've had dificulty finding this information elseware so I wanted to ask, in regards to emulateing the MT-32, After puting the roms in the scumm VM directory what comes next? Do games with MT-32 tracks automaticly use those tracks or do i need to enable sompthing? also, what sort of CPU do I need? I've herd it take a lot but how much? i have an athlon XP 1600+, would that do the job?
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

You have to select MT-32 as the music device in the Audio setup after that. THEN the games with MT-32 tracks will work. You'll notice it right away as the first-time MT-32 boot is a nightmarish contemplation of the progress bar as MUNT generates the cache files for your choice of quality settings. This will occur much faster on subsequent loads.

As for the speeds... On my P4 with 2.4GHz (no HT or any other fancy stuff in it) I still experience the occasional stutter. And most of the notes are hideously off-key - this has something to do with the way MUNT (the MT-32 emulator thingamajig) is coded into ScummVM, apparently, as DosBox stutters more but delivers far more precise notes. *shrugs*

So I mostly stick to AdLib, it has a consistently enjoyable sound :P
Dave'O

Post by Dave'O »

Ok, so is the off key thing going to be fixed in a later version?
Also, is the quality setting just the output rate or is there anything else?
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Munt is not developed by the ScummVM team. Don't expect serious improvements anytime soon.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Kaminari wrote:Munt is not developed by the ScummVM team. Don't expect serious improvements anytime soon.
I think there was some activity in the Munt project about a year ago. I don't know if that was ever merged into ScummVM's MT-32 emulator. (And since I can't use i anyway, I can't be bothered to find out.)