The Feeble Files - Get Car.smk Problem

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tim20

The Feeble Files - Get Car.smk Problem

Post by Tim20 »

Hi

I own the 2 CD version of this game and I'm in the middle of converting all the .smk files. Everything's bin goin fine so far, I've followed the instructions step-by-step, i've used the RAD Gaming Tools to change the .smk files to PGN and .WAV and i've extracted most of them using the 'lame' extractor and 'encode_dxa' via 'Run...'.

I've encountered a weird problem with a certain .smk file called 'Get Car' from CD 2. I've copied and pasted all the PGN files, the .WAV file, Get Car.smk, lame and encode_dxa into a folder on my C: drive called 'Feeble'. I've got the destination path typed in 'Run...' - 'C:\feeble\encode_dxa.exe Get Car.smk' but whenever i hit OK the encoder box appears then disappears and nothing happens. :(

What am i doing wrong? With the rest of them, all i've had to do is change the name of the file i want to re-encode under 'Run...' exactly how it's spelt (lowercase or uppercase) and that's exactly what i've done.

Thanks
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: The Feeble Files - Get Car.smk Problem

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Tim20 wrote:'C:\feeble\encode_dxa.exe Get Car.smk' but whenever i hit OK the encoder box appears then disappears and nothing happens. :(
What probably happens is that encode_dxa looks at the first command-line parameter for the file name. In this case, that would be "Get". I'm not very familiar with the Windows command-line, but it might work to put quotation marks around the file name, eg 'C:\feeble\encode_dxa.exe "Get Car.smk"'

If that doesn't work, you could probably rename the .smk file to something without spaces. Of course, the resulting files would have to be renamed to have the space again afterwards.
Tim20

Re: The Feeble Files - Get Car.smk Problem

Post by Tim20 »

I'm not very familiar with the Windows command-line, but it might work to put quotation marks around the file name, eg 'C:\feeble\encode_dxa.exe "Get Car.smk"'
Ah, that's done it! Great, thanks a lot. :D