Cannot select MIDI device in Windows XP

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Leolo

Cannot select MIDI device in Windows XP

Post by Leolo »

Hi everyone,

Could someone please tell me how do you edit the scummvm.ini file to select the MIDI device I want ScummVM to use?

ScummVM seems to always select the default MIDI device. How can I specify the device I want?

My problem is:

I've recently upgraded to Windows XP x64, and unfortunately "MIDI Yoke NT" can't be selected as the default MIDI device under XP x64.

However, even though I cannot select it as the preferred MIDI device, "MIDI Yoke NT" still works. The only problem is that you have to select it manually from inside the application you want to use.

Under DosBox, this should be no problem, because I can select the MIDI device I prefer.

But ScummVM doesn't seem to offer me the option to choose a MIDI device, it always chooses for me :(

Is there any solution to this problem, please?
Leolo

Post by Leolo »

Hi again,

I've tried many combinations, but still no luck.

It seems that ScummVM doesn't support selecting any MIDI device other than the default.

Could you please add this feature to ScummVM?

Thanks a lot!
Regards.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

You are right, there is no way you can select this from within ScummVM, you will have to change the default Windows MIDI device.

As for requesting that this be added: That's what we have a feature request tracker for. Although this particular request has been filed there years ago already (so far nobody apparently was interested enough to implement it, or least nobody who was able to do it was interested enough :).
Dwyloc

Post by Dwyloc »

Changing the default midi device may work under Windows XP to select the midi device that scummvm should use, but how do you do that under Windows Vista as it no longer lets you select your default midi device?