Game Order?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rtr86

Game Order?

Post by rtr86 »

Hi all,

Bit of a strange question, i know but,.....

Is it possible to change the order of games displayed in the Scumm menu without removing/adding them ?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Game Order?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

rtr86 wrote:Hi all,

Bit of a strange question, i know but,.....

Is it possible to change the order of games displayed in the Scumm menu without removing/adding them ?
I can't test at the moment, but as far as I know the games are listed alphabetically. Changing the description of a game would presumably affect its position in the list, then.
nabla

Post by nabla »

It is a bit OT, but do you think it is good idea to automatically filter words like "the" at the beginning of the title? I always look for "Kyrandia", then for "legend" and, finally, "the". In addition, it would prevent games from beeing catched under "T" and increase readabilty.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

@nabla

You can change the name to whatever you want and find it easily then
My Kyrandia games are listed as:

Fables & Fiends - Book 1: The Legend of Kyrandia
Fables & Fiends - Book 2: The Hand of Fate
Fables & Fiends - Book 3: Malcolm's Revenge
nabla

Post by nabla »

Of course you are right. I once renamed the games (eg Broken Sword to the German name I was used to) but then I became to lazy to do it. So I thought something automatically done would be nice (though not really necessary of course).
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

Wouldn't want to have to scroll through the HUNDREDS of games ScummVM supports, now would you? :roll:
nabla

Post by nabla »

exofreeze wrote:Wouldn't want to have to scroll through the HUNDREDS of games ScummVM supports, now would you? :roll:
Just wait until you got the $39,000. :wink:
Of course, this feature is not really necessary. That's why I did not start a feature request or a thread, but used this already started one. Maybe one of the devs get bored of RE... :wink:
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

haha! yes, ocne I get my $39,000 i will be more then happy to add ordering features to the gui.

I will also erect a golden idol of the donator's face which is displayed on the main menu (accessing game requires sticking a q-tip in the idol's ear)