Monkey Isalnd 3

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jaydee295

Monkey Isalnd 3

Post by jaydee295 »

i have started playing monkey island 3 off the disk as i did not realize until i got to the 2nd disk that scummvm does not support cd swapping. Now i have coped the files for monkey island to my hard drive but i cant seem to access my save from before is it possible to do so?

Thanks for your help
Herrscher

Post by Herrscher »

I do not really know, as I am no ScummVM developer.

But my guess is: This should be possible without any problems.

You should double-check the savegame directoy in the option dialog of SVM. If this is an empty directory, just save another game after playing the harddisk version for some seconds and compare the savegame file in this directory with others you have laying around. If the naming style matches, you should just copy them over to this new directory and be able to load the savegames.

I would guess that by default SVM tries to save to the game directory, which of course isn't possible to a CD-ROM. Maybe then it backs up and saves to the SVM directory.
If there wasn't an error message like "Couldn't save game!" you should find the saves somewhere.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Monkey Isalnd 3

Post by eriktorbjorn »

jaydee295 wrote:i have started playing monkey island 3 off the disk as i did not realize until i got to the 2nd disk that scummvm does not support cd swapping. Now i have coped the files for monkey island to my hard drive but i cant seem to access my save from before is it possible to do so?

Thanks for your help
There are only two reasons I can think of why you wouldn't be able to use your old save games:

Your Save Path setting changed. This seems unlikely to me.

You added the game to ScummVM a second time. In many of the game engines, the file names of the savegames are based on the game's ID. Usually, the ID for The Curse of Monkey Island is "comi", but if you add the game a second time, the second copy gets its own unique ID. Probably "comi-1" or something like that. In that case, the simplest way to fix it is probably to remove both entries from ScummVM, and re-add the one on your hard disk.
jaydee295

Post by jaydee295 »

Thanks its working now
avocado

Post by avocado »

I am at my wits' end. (This is related) Please someone help me.

I couldn't play Curse of Monkey Island off of the original cds because of the swapping issue, and I copied all of the files as well, but now when I get to the second cd part, the game just shuts down without an error message. I have all of the Resource files from both cds, and all of the comi.la- it just doesn't work. How did it end up working for you!?

What do I do?
Cyphox

Post by Cyphox »

have a look: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4680

edit: wohoooo, crossposting....