Little "colours question" in The Dig

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Yohein

Little "colours question" in The Dig

Post by Yohein »

Hi,
I've got a little question about The Dig. I've never played the game without ScummVM so I don't know if it's the game's problem/intention or what (it's quite an irrelevant thing, though).
The fact is that I notice some "colours change" in Brink. I imagine it's something related to the argument of the game itself, but in certain scenes he becomes suddenly normal, or later he becomes "dark" again. For example:

There, he turned "normal" suddenly when the ghosts appears and then:

Darker again.
As I said, it's something very irrelevant and I always thought it was an argumental thing, but sometimes changes are so abrupt I'm not sure if ScummVM has something to do with it or not, because I remember that in Full Throttle's videos something quite similar happened with ScummVM (that was more obvious, though).
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

[spoiler]

Yes, after he's resurrected, Brink is meant to look grimer. His skin is ashen.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Kaminari wrote:[spoiler]

Yes, after he's resurrected, Brink is meant to look grimer. His skin is ashen.
I guess he meant the switches between normal and ash colors occur in some scenes after he's resurrected, at least I got his description like that.
Yohein

Post by Yohein »

Yes, the "problem" is Brink's colour isn't constant after he's resurrected, sometimes he looks normal and sometimes he looks darker. But I guess that's a problem of the game itself, because in the videos he looks normal too.
Quietust

Post by Quietust »

He also becomes rather pale after you, erm, free his arm from the rock crevice.